BEAR BACKUP! Custom Ruger Bisley Vaquero 45LC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBio

Buckeye
Had one I made up out of a birdshead==put a Bisley grip, and oversized Hogue wood grips==OM Vaquero, so it caould handle STOUT bear loads (I live in grizzly country). Never should have sold it. Now I have an OM Blackhawk in 45 Colt.

InjunBro

Bearcat
Nice! The shorter barrel should make handling faster. The short ejector should work fine, there won't be any fast reloads during a bear attack no matter what gun you have.

I think I would have gone with something like this, over a Vaquero that needed a lot of work. Just a thought.

https://www.fountainfirearms.us/handguns/revolvers/lipseys-exclusive-ruger-super-blackhawk-bisley-convertible-45-acp-45-colt-17-234

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
BearBio said:
Between the eyes will likely glance off!

and when they are coming at you.... the head is about all you can see!...... Moose too!!.......

But I can stop a bear charge in one shot!! I just put the gun to my temple!..... :lol:

That is a beautiful gun by the way..... Far beyond my means!!....

HANDGUNNER454

Bearcat
I think I would have gone with something like this, over a Vaquero that needed a lot of work. Just a thought.

The guy converted the firearm he wanted to. He did not ask what you thought would have been a better choice!