Saguaro National Park, Arizona

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I hope you don't mind some more pictures...

Close to the Desert Sonora Museum is the Saguaro National Park. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was free because the highway goes right through it. This is the Western Part of the Park. There is another section East of Tuscon.

WB2Bqavl.jpg

gHvUzhfl.jpg

eDaBBwel.jpg

sVwsNIsl.jpg

W5Y3YdXl.jpg

1OhGjNtl.jpg

uHLYC34l.jpg

Wqys6Chl.jpg

VgXwYlRl.jpg

tCqQ9e3l.jpg

SWqqKStl.jpg

tOc0X97l.jpg

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
Kevin said:
Well, your back yard is nice. My back yard is an alley.

Are the tourists all gone right about now?
Lot's of them left but quite a few stayed when this virus came about.
I think they are afraid to go back to places where it is worse than here.

Great hikes there!

Yeah, cholla is the WORST.

But if you ever have to remove cholla spines, one of the best "removers" is the little tiny tweezers that come in the handle of the larger Swiss Army knives, and you can buy the tweezers separate from the knife. Sharpen the edges of the tips, it helps. (Please don't ask me how I know so much about chollas; the only good thing I remember about them is the morphine).

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
coach said:
BearBio said:
D--n cholla! Hate that stuff!!!!
I don't even know what cholla is but took a guess at which one looks the nastiest. I looked it up and I guessed right. :)

Hi,

And if you read a couple of the previous posts, you'll understand quickly how they got the name "jumping cholla!" Don't ask. Those beavertails (is there a more proper name?) can be fun, too, as many of their thorns are so fine it's hard to even see them. Makes it hard to get them out of your hide.

Rick C

Don Lovel

Hunter
I love the Arizona desert, I hate Cholla cactus, it is one critter I will never mess with ever again. I swear it can reach out and get you. I helped repair an RV that a packrat had stuffed the undercarriage with cholla pieces. What a mess.
I have a friend who has a desert botanical garden home near Ajo.
It is my favorite place to have lemonade, pick the lemons, grab a lawn chair and and enjoy the sunset
Gorilla brand duct tape works great for fine cactus spines

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
First visited there in '79 along with the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. Been there several times since. Another nice fun place to visit in the vicinity is the Old Tucson western movie set and certainly not to be missed is The Mission San Xavier Del Bac also know as the White Dove of the Desert. Absolutely beautiful and a desert treasure for sure.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Never been out West nor seen the desert, but sure would like to. Seen pics/movies of national parks/natural attractions all over the country, but the desert is still at the top of my list of places i would like to see. I like those pics, thanks a bunch for posting them!

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
The desert is beautiful right now.
All the cactus and trees are blooming.
The Ironwood trees are really nice this time of year with their pink blossoms.
In a month or so it will be dry and hot.