Damascus bowie by John Cohea

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
My wife somehow found John last year and conspired to have him make me one of his warhawks for Christmas. I found out Sunday that she also had him make me this knife for my birthday. An 8" blade forged from Chad Nichols lizard skin damascus, fossil walrus ivory handle, wrought iron guard and copper accents. His signature rawhide sheath is equally impressive with a copper concho, lots of fringe, antique beads, tin cones and horsehair. It's a stunning piece but I'm afraid I can't do any better than the pic that he posted on BladeForum.

g2VfVcb.jpg

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

That's beautiful, Craig!

You're wife oughta start a consulting biz, teaching other wives and g/fs what kinds of cool toys they should be getting their guys. She'd make a mint... if not in fees from the ladies, then in tips from the guys who benefit from her advice. ;)

Rick C

pete44ru

Hunter

Thass waaaaay too purdy to actually use !

Yer wife has good taste - please pass my compliments on to her......... :D

Poco Oso

Buckeye
You are a very, very lucky man. Congrats on both fine gifts, (exquisite is a word I don't use often, but that knife and sheath deserve it) and an exceptional wife.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Thanks for the kind words, folks! I read some of the responses to my wife and she got a kick out of it. I may encourage her to start that consulting business. ;)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
CraigC said:
My wife somehow found John last year and conspired to have him make me one of his warhawks for Christmas. I found out Sunday that she also had him make me this knife for my birthday. An 8" blade forged from Chad Nichols lizard skin damascus, fossil walrus ivory handle, wrought iron guard and copper accents. His signature rawhide sheath is equally impressive with a copper concho, lots of fringe, antique beads, tin cones and horsehair. It's a stunning piece but I'm afraid I can't do any better than the pic that he posted on BladeForum.

g2VfVcb.jpg

"I THINK I AM IN LOVE......." 8) (THE BLADE, FOLKS, THE BLADE!)