Cartridge Board Spoiler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
This beautiful work is gone now. Used to play poker under it monthly.
I once bid $3K on it but failed. Now I wish I had used a better camera.
Anyone know/guess where it hung for the past 35 years?
DSC03497_zpsavfq4slq.jpg

tinman

Buckeye
Well, wherever that is, it appears to be very well lit.................. 8)

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Ok, hint #1: A restaurant. My personal best of 14 tender beef ribs dripping in their special mesquite barbeque sauce, was consumed in the same room. There were quite a few very valuable Colt SAA and Winchester rifles framed & displayed on the walls, and a great 50 foot-long 1890's reproduction back bar in the room. We held many ASNT section meetings in the private rooms and never ever went home hungry!
#2: The door handles were all sixguns! The waitresses wore replica SAAs in hip holsters and youngsters got a shiny pin-on Sheriff's badge with the promise of good table manners...

This and one other old, old bullet display they had hanging were probably the catalyst that sent me on a life-search for bullet boards and pre-war factory displays.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Bill Johnsons.Mesa?

"We don't fool ya, we feed ya!"
The waitresses' guns did it! But North side, Bill Johnson's off Bell in Phx across from Turf Paradise. The west end of the building was the bar and mtg rooms.
Sadly, there as a smash-n-grab a year or so before they closed, and they lost around twenty old guns and replicas. Colt SAAs, 1911 war-time guns, some USS Arizona phots, and assorteds. A few displays got smashed and some left behind were scratched badly from the wires used to hold them behind glass.

Sad they're all gone. Bill's kids got old and greedy and destroyed the company :evil: :cry: :cry: The all-u-can-eat specials were taken off the menu in the '80s, but still there for the asking. Three eggs and home-made chicken-fried steak covering the plate... stomach growling. At least you can still find their 'q sauces, for now.

don44

Hunter
I always liked taking my family to Bill Johnson's Big Apple. Sad that they're not around any longer! :( Good food and a nice atmosphere too!

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
mohavesam said:
Ok, hint #1: A restaurant. My personal best of 14 tender beef ribs dripping in their special mesquite barbeque sauce, was consumed in the same room. There were quite a few very valuable Colt SAA and Winchester rifles framed & displayed on the walls, and a great 50 foot-long 1890's reproduction back bar in the room. We held many ASNT section meetings in the private rooms and never ever went home hungry!
#2: The door handles were all sixguns! The waitresses wore replica SAAs in hip holsters and youngsters got a shiny pin-on Sheriff's badge with the promise of good table manners...

This and one other old, old bullet display they had hanging were probably the catalyst that sent me on a life-search for bullet boards and pre-war factory displays.
I've figured it out from the above descriptions, and it sounds like only one place I can think of... HEAVEN.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Snowninja said:
I've figured it out from the above descriptions, and it sounds like only one place I can think of... HEAVEN.

Well, now that you mention it... NAAHHH! - As I recall, they didn't allow dogs. ;)

There was one like that in a gun shop in Glendale, Ca. The shop was pretty famous, but darned if I can remember the name right now. The original owner was a smith of some renown. Anyway he sold the shop and it stayed, but the shop changed hands at least once more and at some point one of the sellers kept it.