Couple Linebaugh Pop-Guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Well, maybe a couple more than a couple.

Had wanted to do a family group picture before I started parting with some of my duplicates and ones I knew I wouldn't use--but didn't make it, so few missed out. The little 4 5/8's blued gun second from the right is just back this week from Linebaugh getting grips and updating the markings on the frame. It is his build number 26 in 475 back before he was able to remark the frames so still had the old caliber--he updated that but kindly left the barrel and serial markings in the original jewelers engraving. Went through it, new blue and grips and it's ready to rock.

The stainless vaqueros with ivory Micarta are both 500's, the top one was one of John's personal guns. The middle one is a 475 he made for me last year. The stainless banded barrel gun all the way left is the one that started it all several years back. It's a 475 now wearing sheep horn or mesquite depending on mood.

The one all the back is a cool gun in 475, one of the few Wyoming Centennial guns John built, this one is serial #1--freed from the southern vortex. It may end up finding a new home as well soon. Too nice for me.

Oops, almost forgot the little gem center. Folks familiar with John Linebaugh builds will immediately recognize it's not one of his by the octagon barrel. It is a custom by Dustin Linebaugh and sadly my only one--pretty neat little cannon.

Sure do love John's guns.

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
Whoa! Nice nice really nice! I just love a Bisley. Choosing a favorite would be a tough decision.

gunsbam69

Hunter
Don't sell em Will, keep going and just get a bigger beaver :mrgreen:

I love the whole bunch of them, but Dustin's octagon Vaqueros always seem to pull my eyes away from the rest :shock:

Zeus

Blackhawk
Y'all don't get too excited over that octagon, if it ever moves from AK, it's headed back to the Midwest ;)

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Believe Dustin, but honestly that is based upon the fit and contour. I have not ever taken the panels off to see if he signed the backs. Since its up for sale on Gunbroker now, I likely should look. Dustin makes some of the finest grips I have held--but admit the ones I received from Linebaugh most recently had more contour, but fit my hands perfectly.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Those are sweet!

Looking at that 1st picture, is like looking at a litter of young pups,,,gives you that warm fuzzy feeling! :wink: :wink: :)

Thanks for sharing.
Terry

Poco Oso

Buckeye
gunman42782 said:
Wow. Just wow!

Yeah, me too! Being Wyoming born myself, I'm more than a little envious of that Centennial model. Absolutely beautiful. I'd be hard pressed to figure out which ones to part with. Good luck to you, Sir. :wink:

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
The Wyoming Centennial is at auction right now -- only one of the hunch above that I decided to send along to a new owner to enjoy.

Latest posts