Where to look for SR1911...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Verndog

Blackhawk
208packinheat said:
Vern dog, Really??? watch my lips...he has sold over 90 SR 1911's. The 10 he has just arrived recently. Look at the poll, the $699.00 is what you pay if you do not want to whine.

OK...I'll bite. The poll says 44 guns sold for well under that price, and 26 sold around that price or higher. So...my statement "isn't it a bit high" appears to be pretty spot on.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
208packinheat said:
Vern dog, Really??? watch my lips...he has sold over 90 SR 1911's. The 10 he has just arrived recently. Look at the poll, the $699.00 is what you pay if you do not want to whine.

OK...I'll bite. The poll says 44 guns sold for well under that price, and 26 sold around that price or higher. So...my statement "isn't it a bit high" appears to be pretty spot on.

Just an FYI .... As of now .... only 16 of 70 (22%) of respondents have paid greater than $700 for thier SR1911. 30 of 70 (43%) have paid $650 or less .... 20 of 70 (29%) have paid $600 or less ... a greater percentage have paid (or will pay) $600 or less than have paid $700 or more.

REV

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Look, the 10 I spoke of, they are about gone. If too high for your blood, play with those in your price league. Who gives a rip??? Not me, if I want it, I buy it at the best price and availability at the time I WANT IT. Life is too short to whine and play the 40-50 buck game on an $800 MSRP dollar item. Those running around to dealer after dealer have spent more in gas (either petrol or heartburn) than the money is worth.

Movin' on while you wait.

revhigh

Hawkeye
208packinheat said:
Look, the 10 I spoke of, they are about gone.

Movin' on while you wait.

The way you're pushing these 10 guns, it almost seems like you have a business interest in them ...

If people want them ... they know who to call ... it was posted in a previous post ... I'd think if the demand was so high that at $699 they would have been gone a day (or hours) after you posted they were available ... seeing that they're selling on GB for $800+. Why don't you buy all 10 and make a quick C-note on each one ?

People will pay what they want to pay for any given product, and they'll stop paying when they feel the value isn't there ... that's each person's choice.

REV

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
No interest financially, just wanted to give those who want one an option. Separated the whiners from those who really want one, and for those who do not, great...more for those who do. Why the constant "I do not care if I ever get one..." tone. Who cares, I am addressing those who do and gave them a way to get it, and those who have called me, now will have one in a few days instead of the "i've been waiting for 4 months...or longer".

I am not interested in making a "c Note", I am too busy shooting my new SR 1911 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GDSever

Bearcat
I took advantage of 208packinheat's lead and am quite content with $699, even though I'm destined to pay an additional $75 in shipping and FFL transfer fees. We have not seen a single one distributed to Delaware stores... and only one that came thru on a FFL transfer.

So it all comes down to what the individual is willing to pay and has value for... I'm a happy guy :)

revhigh

Hawkeye
208packinheat said:
Why the constant "I do not care if I ever get one..." tone. Who cares

Life is too short to whine and play the 40-50 buck game

the $699.00 is what you pay if you do not want to whine.

Separated the whiners from those who really want one

I laid eyes upon 10, yes 10 SR1911's sitting behind the counter at the LGS

Exactly. Why all the talk about whining ?? I don't see or hear anyone 'whining' about it. I'm certainly not. If people choose to pursue the gun ... that's fine with me.

What's up with the 'They're going fast ... not many left ... ya gotta act now .... or you lose out' used car saleman talk ?

As you mention ... who cares ??? You let people know ... OK ... they know. If they want one ... they know where to go.

As I mentioned ... I have one on order at a price that is acceptable to me ... when it comes in ... it comes in .... if it takes a year ... fine. I'm not going to run around hunting one down ... it's just not that important to me. These things have been around for 100 years, and I've owned them for 35+ years ... where was the rush in the last 100 years ?

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
GDSever said:
I took advantage of 208packinheat's lead and am quite content with $699, even though I'm destined to pay an additional $75 in shipping and FFL transfer fees.

Good job GDS !!!

I'm glad you got yours, and that you're happy with your deal !!

REV

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
:? :? :? OK...I think.

GDSever, glad you made contact and got 'er done and are happy. BTW the purpose of my post. :roll: :roll: :roll:

piccolo

Bearcat
208packinheat said:
No interest financially, just wanted to give those who want one an option. Separated the whiners from those who really want one, and for those who do not, great...more for those who do. :

208packinheat
Thanks for the tip - I jumped on it and will have it in my hands in a few days!
And you know in time it won't matter squat whether I paid $50 more or less than someone else.

:p

ronnielc

Bearcat
I heard they are redoing something on gun and are not shipping right now. They are having problems with a supplier.

lark63

Single-Sixer
ronnielc said:
I heard they are redoing something on gun and are not shipping right now. They are having problems with a supplier.

Boy that clears all of this up

piccolo

Bearcat
ronnielc said:

Version of the rumor I heard is a supplier of certain parts is having problems so Ruger dropped them and is tooling up to produce those parts in house.
If that's true then the flow should increase dramatically.

jimjc

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
208packinheat said:
Why the constant "I do not care if I ever get one..." tone. Who cares

Life is too short to whine and play the 40-50 buck game

the $699.00 is what you pay if you do not want to whine.

Separated the whiners from those who really want one

I laid eyes upon 10, yes 10 SR1911's sitting behind the counter at the LGS

Exactly. Why all the talk about whining ?? I don't see or hear anyone 'whining' about it. I'm certainly not. If people choose to pursue the gun ... that's fine with me.

What's up with the 'They're going fast ... not many left ... ya gotta act now .... or you lose out' used car saleman talk ?

As you mention ... who cares ??? You let people know ... OK ... they know. If they want one ... they know where to go.

As I mentioned ... I have one on order at a price that is acceptable to me ... when it comes in ... it comes in .... if it takes a year ... fine. I'm not going to run around hunting one down ... it's just not that important to me. These things have been around for 100 years, and I've owned them for 35+ years ... where was the rush in the last 100 years ?

REV

Precisely...I like the way you think...I, like you have plenty of guns and in as much as I would like to have the Ruger 1911 now....I`M IN NO BIG HURRY...

I`ve listened to all the hype about products and watched new products that were in "so called " short supply AND I`VE WATCHED THE PRICE GO UP....But that`s not the way I buy anything...Yes I`ll buy a Ruger 1911....only when I can for $600 or less because that`s the number for me on that gun...So you guys that have to have it now enjoy it...I`ll just wait, I have plenty of time and guns to keep me busy... :lol:

Miata Mike

Bearcat
I talked to a small gun shop 30 miles away, and it seems like he has seen a few come through and will "keep me in mind". My local Sheels on the other hand, refuses to take any more names on the waiting list because they have only seen 2 SR1911's since April and claim this model will soon be "discontinued".

Good thing I don't need one of these any time soon. How can you discontinue a product that you can't make enough to satisfy an artificially created demand for....? I can't believe a very large store that sells so many guns in a year can't get more than one other than their display model.

XDM4545

Bearcat
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Sounds like you spoke with a BS artist who was working overtime....Just sayin" 8)

I live in western MN, I have called several dealers in my area includeing 2 Cabelas, Scheels, and many locals. All that I have called said they recieved 1 or 2 at first but have not recieved any since then. Scheels in Fargo,ND has close to 30 on back order paid for by customers. Every dealer has a list but non are getting any so why is it that some dealers have 10 or 15 for sale when others have not got any in 4 to 6 monthes? Sounds like the distributers are playing favorites and Ruger is going to loose customers because of it. I plan to buy a 1911 in the spring but I wont order a Ruger if nobody can give me a delivery date. I would rather just buy a Springfield and have it in a couple weeks.

Latest posts