Any reason Ruger should make a blued 1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dacaur

Single-Sixer
Ale-8(1) said:
I don't see why not.

There are many folks who prefer a "blue steel" gun to a "silver" gun. If Ruger offered a blue version it would potentially increase their market share.

What's the problem?

Yep.... I dont like "silver" guns,( unless its a SAA style revolver, then nickle it up I say...)

I bought a stainless 22/45, it was a good deal and I figured I would get used to the "shiny gun".... But in the end, I was wrong, never could come to love the gun despite its great feel and accuracy... sold it off, looking for a black one now...

Personally, I would skip the bluing and go for parkerized, but either one works really....

When they come out with one in black, it will go on my wish list,... just saw a talo exclusive model thats halfway there, but still has a silver frame so no thanks.....

I will admit that stainless guns have a certain advantage in the maintenance area. They are not truly "rustproof" but will tolerate a certain delay in cleaning. It's all good. Heck, if I were in need of a gun to be carried every day, under all conditions, I'd probably opt for a "silver" one.

But I still "like" blue ones better.

To each his own.

JMHO
:)

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
My old Colt used to be royal blue, but it has not seen those days in twenty years now. Just like me, it is getting old.lol I do not like carrying guns that shine when there is a possibility of getting shot at. Just a personal opinion. I can oil my pistol and keep it from rusting just fine.lol Hank

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
I would prefer blued over any stainless...I was taught to take care of my guns, so maintainence is not a real issue for me. As for durability, well how many Trapdoor Springfields, 1903's, Krags, Garands, Carbines, 1911's, and even guns dating back to the Revolutionary War, etc., etc. that went through climates ranging from tropical pacific islands, to arctic conditons, to desert conditions and everything in between, are still in the hands of shooters today?