Another SR1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
Went to the PX today for my monthly haircut. Plenty of time left afterward so I decided to browse around some. At the gun counter there was an SR1911, SR1911 CMD, & a SR1911 CMD-A. Was only looking, not intending to purchase; then I saw them: Sale Sale Sale flyers on counter; different make guns have $$ dollars off or percentage, ammo too. The line for $40 off included the Ruger SR series of semi-automatic pistols. Hmmmm, price after sale would be best in this area, no tax in PX.

Suddenly found myself doing the paperwork for a SR1911, which according to the PX "Sales Associate" the display was the only one they had. Oh Well, I feel confident if it wasn't quite right Ruger would make it good.

Paperwork took what seemed like forever but it was finally done, then they paged for a Manager to come to the gun counter. Another wait, seemed to take so long but was only a few minutes, to check over the paperwork. Everything fine, time to pay........full price !!!!! Calmly I showed the sales flyer to the Sales Associate, Ohhhh okay, didn't know that he stated.

Anyway, the Manager with my new pistol finally asks me to follow her out of the building where I would be given possession of the gun.

eveled

Hawkeye
Nice! Good luck with it, be sure to post a range report.

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
Took both my new SR1911 and my old one to the range. Old one is series 670, new one is 672. Grip panels on new gun are quite a bit lighter color than my other SR1911s.

Used Ruger 8 round mags in both guns. Both guns felt the same in my shooting hand.

Fired a variety of ammo with no problems of any kind; 2 boxes each of 230 grain Blazer aluminum, Blazer Brass, Federal American Eagle, Speer Lawman, PMC ball & PMC 185 gr HP, Aguilar, & Winchester Service Grade.

Satisfying accuracy. Another fun day at the range :)