SR1911 with a Crimson Trace laser grip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
I've had a Ruger SR1911 for about one and a half years now and am completely happy with its performance. However I've had the urge to add a Crimson Trace laser grip sight (green, not red) to it for some indoor playtime fun. Has anyone gone this route yet with their SR1911, and your thoughts, good or bad?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Not sure what 'indoor playtime fun' is ... but I vote no. Not on a 1911 ...

Hey ... you asked ... :D. That crap belongs on a 9 or 40 .....

REV

loaded round

Hunter
revhigh said:
Not sure what 'indoor playtime fun' is ... but I vote no. Not on a 1911 ...

Hey ... you asked ... :D. That crap belongs on a 9 or 40 .....

Just informal target shooting and the rare case of a ''bump in the night''. I do appreciate your comment however.

eveled

Hawkeye
I was confused by the indoor reference myself, you do realize they work in daylight too right?

Anyway, I say go for it. Easy enough to swap on and off if you don't like them all the time. If you think they will be handy or fun, go for it. I have crimson trace grips on 3 revolvers, and they are great. Don't forget to sign up for the free batteries for life deal. :D

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Cabela's was running the green Crimson Trace grips on sale, and ended up being a god use of my Cabela's points.

Really like the green over the red laser, and waiting to see if Ruger is going to sell the sights off the Night Watchman, that will be the next addition to my 1911.

Figure they should pretty much be a direct replacement. If they do not show up on Shop Ruger, will send the slide off to Novak and have them fit their tritium fronts and rears to the slide.

Well worth the money! Great for trigger practice as well, you see all the movement.