SPF: Pre-Warning Blue .357 Blackhawk 4-5/8" model BN34

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I sold this pre-warning .357 Blackhawk a couple years ago to a local police officer who never fired it while he owned it. He decided that what he really wanted was a fixed-sight Vaquero and traded the Blackhawk back to me as soon as I found him the Vaquero. Very nice pre-warning revolver with serial number dating to 1974 manufacture. Has the late old model grips with blue escutcheon and screw that were used up on the early New Models. Has a little wear as shown, mostly the cylinder line.

SPF $465 shipped FFL to FFL

wLgSOJj.jpg

RpfY9AJ.jpg

FdsxTar.jpg

lg8iQYl.jpg

erMXfgt.jpg

WkG73WY.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Tim, this is a New Model, so it does indeed have the transfer bar safety and no half-cock. If you are looking for the old half-cock loading and no transfer bar, you will want an old model which has three "screws" in the frame where this one has the two pins. The old models (original 4-click lockwork with half-cock) are also referred to as "three screw" guns. Then if you don't want the transfer bar, you will want to look for an old model gun that has not been "converted" by Ruger to the transfer bar safety. Converted old models still retain the half-cock loading but incorporate the newer safety.

The "pre-warning" designation applies to all old models (which ceased production in 1973) and the early New Model guns up through about mid-1978 when the rollmark on the barrel was changed to incorporate the WARNING statement to read the instruction manual available for free from SR&Co. before using the revolver.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
Suspecting it'll sell this time...

My own early NM BH (.357/9mm Convertible) has serial number prox 11,000 later than the one you are selling. It was the very first firearm I purchased new as a significantly younger man way back in 1974. It is and has always been a good shooter...