Ruger are you listening?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
pjinak said:
RSIno1 said:
The crime is not producing a stainless RSI in .308 with gray laminated stock. What a great all weather gun that would be and no complaints about 2x4 quality wood - plywood is plywood no other expectations.

I have wanted this for years... I even "told the CEO" :lol:

The problem is the CEO is deaf because we are not Ruger's customers. They only listen to their distributors and even then when they give them an order for several hundred guns.
I wonder if we could approach Lipsey's with a No1 that has a number of requests for production and get a special run made.
Maybe it would work if we started a specific No1 Ruger Collectors Association. Then sign up for a run of one hundred (No1RCA-001 to No1RCA-100) special serial numbered guns. Make them $1,500 and get a nonrefundable 20% deposit and the order submitted when the entire run is sold out.
I think to be a sellout it would need to be a common caliber that would be effective for all North American hunting like the .308.
Make the action/barrel out of stainless for an excellent all weather gun.
Unusual No1 configuration would also help it sell. RSI has never been offered with a laminate stock. A laminate stock makes sense on the RSI as it's hard to find large enough pieces of good wood for the forestock. Make it gray for good contrast with the stainless. The dark color of the stocks on the 450 were so ugly I decided not to buy one.
If we can get it done I'm in for 2.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
RSIno1 said:
pjinak said:
RSIno1 said:
The crime is not producing a stainless RSI in .308 with gray laminated stock. What a great all weather gun that would be and no complaints about 2x4 quality wood - plywood is plywood no other expectations.

I have wanted this for years... I even "told the CEO" :lol:

The problem is the CEO is deaf because we are not Ruger's customers. They only listen to their distributors and even then when they give them an order for several hundred guns.
I wonder if we could approach Lipsey's with a No1 that has a number of requests for production and get a special run made.
Maybe it would work if we started a specific No1 Ruger Collectors Association. Then sign up for a run of one hundred (No1RCA-001 to No1RCA-100) special serial numbered guns. Make them $1,500 and get a nonrefundable 20% deposit and the order submitted when the entire run is sold out.
I think to be a sellout it would need to be a common caliber that would be effective for all North American hunting like the .308.
Make the action/barrel out of stainless for an excellent all weather gun.
Unusual No1 configuration would also help it sell. RSI has never been offered with a laminate stock. A laminate stock makes sense on the RSI as it's hard to find large enough pieces of good wood for the forestock. Make it gray for good contrast with the stainless. The dark color of the stocks on the 450 were so ugly I decided not to buy one.
If we can get it done I'm in for 2.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Really think this would work with a 20% deposit? MAYBE IF strange version every order prepaid a distributer would take the hook? There are just a few us that care about new ones, Ruger has just about priced me out of the market anyway

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
You'd never get more than three people to agree on one configuration and put a non-refundable deposit down. If you wanted stainless, you'd hear that they'd do it only if it was blued. If you wanted a 20" barrel, you'd hear them saying only if it was 24". Especially so for a No. 1 that is probably one of their least sold firearms compared to the rest of their offerings.

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
I'd like a blued, wood stocked, 18.5" barreled RSI w/iron sights and no funky muzzle brake in .350 Legend (stupid name, interesting cartridge), .35 Remington, 6.5 Grendel, .30-30 or 7.62 x 39.

I'd also like it to cost me no more than did my 6.5 x 55 Swede No. 1 did when I bought it, what, 10 years ago.

Somehow, I don't think Ruger is going to grant either of my wishes.

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
I asked the CEO for a rifle like the 77/357 chambered in 32 H&R mag or 327 federal a few years back, but none yet! :(
I'm running out of time... :?

May have to break down go to a "Henry", for now... :wink:

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I guess I'll jump in on a somewhat dormant thread.

Of all the suggestions in the thread, chambering a No. 1 in 30-30 seems the most bizarre. It was born for the short range lever action and doesn't offer ballistics that even remotely take advantage of the No. 1s strength and accuracy potential.

Speaking of accuracy, my No. 1 is a .458 Win and it's a 1.25 MOA gun off the bench and I'm not the world's best BR shooter. Power from mild to pretty wild. Don

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Lipseys did a blue and stainless 30-30 1A, real cool offering if you ask me, add Contender pistols, Winchester trappers more fun

35ruger

Single-Sixer
I`ve been good all year !!
I`m expecting a Ruger PC in 45 ACP under the tree tomorrow morning !! :) :)

PS Or a HM77RSI in 358 Winchester !!!

langenc

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
Because I'd rather pay $1,200 for one straight from the factory instead of $2800 and the trouble of having it done

That a lot of good reasons not to get a custom and every one of em have Washingtons picture on them.

Latest posts