450 Bushmaster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
I recently purchased a 450 Bushmaster no big reason too except I did not have one. It is the bolt action three-shot magazine variety. Installed a red dot scope by Leupold and wasn't too impressed with my initial shooting. However, now I'm considering using it for deer and elk hunting. Using my reloads H 110 and Hornadys 250 FTX bullets I can't miss shooting offhand at clay pigeons up to 100 yards away. Bottom line I've gone from feeling so so about it to being my current favorite. Anyone else have thoughts about this cartridge that was an answer to an unasked question?

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I think is a fantastic cartridge, and can be used in a semi-auto as well, making it even better.

mac66

Single-Sixer
I am a fan of big heavy bullets on deer. Been hunting the last three years with 44 mag rifles (Ruger carbine and Marlin Lever gun). Last year my God daughter's husband showed up with a Ruger Ranch rifle in 450. I was intrigued enough to buy a fairly inexpensive AR barrel in 450 and put together an upper for this year. Recently sighted it in and I'm excited about trying it out hunting. I would have gotten the Ruger ranch but I had all the upper parts but the barrel and bolt head. The barrel was only $70 so it was cheaper to go with the AR.