Why no Ruger American Ranch in 6.5 Grendel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Looks like it would be a great edition to the Ranch lineup ... especially since they produce a Predator in tbe 6.5 Grendel..., seems like the 6.5 Grendel would be better suited in a 16 inch barreled lightweight carbine...

chet15

Hawkeye
I don't believe they are selling many 6.5 Grendel American's period.
Probably has something to do with it.
Chet15

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I can see why .. Offering a short cartridge in a a fullsize rifle with a 22 inch barrel ... The 6.5 Grendel belongs in a Compact 16 inch barreled carbine ..

smith1961

Blackhawk
Buckeye! said:
I can see why .. Offering a short cartridge in a a fullsize rifle with a 22 inch barrel ... The 6.5 Grendel belongs in a Compact 16 inch barreled carbine ..

CZ and Howa seem to disagree. 16-18" is great on an AR platform.

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
Buckeye! said:

Agreed. 6.5 Creedmore in the full-sized American.
6.5 Grendel in the Ranch Rifle & the Mini-.

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
I have two mini 30's that I like but they are collecting dust after I found the Grendel If Ruger would offer the mini 30 tactical in 6.5 Grendel and take the time put them out where they were reliable and accurate I believe they would sell a lot of them. I would love to re-barrel mine to Grendel but it is cheaper to go with an AR platform than rebarreling a mini 30 unless you're building or buying a match grade rifle. I'm in the process of buying two lilja 6.5 Grendel barrels now a lighter 16" and a heavier 20"fluted barrel.
If I could do that for my mini30's as easily as an AR I would. I would not part with the mini's but the Grendel round beats the 7.62x 39 in speed and range without more recoil.