Ruger American Predator 223 Remington...questions.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Just to put this one to bed......I tried some judicious fine grit sandpaper but chickened out quickly so I tried another idea. I removed the stock. I have the metal tape here that is used on furnace duct work so I cut four pieces the same size as the bedding blocks. This stuff is very thin so I put two pieces on the front left and two on the right rear and it cammed right into a proper position. Now I have a free floating barrel centered in the channel. Now for some range work.

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Any range report?

Most of the Ruger Predators have a slight barrel to stock touch on the left.
Just the way the stocks drop from the mold.
I just use some and paper wrapped around a socket the size of the barrel channel.
Takes just a few minutes to float the barrel correctly.

Dantforth

Blackhawk
No range report yet. I have been firing some bulk Remington ammo in FMJ that I bought to get the brass. The groups have not been all that good. Mostly in the 2" area. I have some Lapua 69 grain bullets coming and will try those in reloads. It has been a very busy summer so far so I am looking forward to the fall.

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Hey Danforth:
Any updates?
The one I ordered arrived damaged so I did not get it.
However thinking of ordering again.

Dantforth

Blackhawk
I have not had much free time to accomplish my goal. I did load some of the Lapua 69 grain bullets and was disappointed with them as well. Still way too early to make a decision. I certainly would like to see a 1" grouping at some point. Now we are in to winter weather so it will likely be after we get home from California in the Spring. There for January and February.