Ruger PC Carbine Non-Takedown Model?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Shutterbug

Bearcat
Does anyone know about or have heard about the non-takedown 9mm model? I heard Ruger was making one with a wooden stock. ??

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Nothing on the Ruger web site about either variation so far. I'd be surprised if they did make a non-takedown since it would eliminate the possibility of other caliber conversions such as .40S&W/10MM which are more likely. Also, a wood stock would be very thin around the action inletting and strength may be a problem. We'll see.

grobin

Blackhawk
All that would do is limit the gun to a minuscule subset of the market. The HiPoint is already there at ~$300.Ruger needs the multi caliber versions to be competitive with HiPoint and Aero.

57springer

Buckeye
Shutterbug said:
Does anyone know about or have heard about the non-takedown 9mm model? I heard Ruger was making one with a wooden stock. ??
I hope you are correct I will be first in line to buy . Takedowns I just do not like !! :wink:

mac66

Single-Sixer
57springer said:
Shutterbug said:
I hope you are correct I will be first in line to buy . Takedowns I just do not like !! :wink:

You can choose to not take it down. Problem solved. :wink:

mpalm

Single-Sixer
mac66 said:
57springer said:
Shutterbug said:

You can choose to not take it down. Problem solved. :wink:
Or just dont buy it.......I think it is ugly. being a take down just makes it uglier!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Ruger appears to be selling all of the PC Carbines they can make so there is no rush to have variations yet. One thing the PCC has going for it is it looks like a standard rifle, not an "assault weapon". This is important in states like California, that have appearance requirements such as no pistol grips, etc. I know of at least one serious USPSA and Steel Challenge competitor that had gone to the Ruger PCC just for it's more benign appearance.

m657

Buckeye
I suppose we all somehow rate 'looks' of what we buy on a scale whether it fits what our internal template notions have established non-verbally.