Two 22 LR No.1 Rifles are coming...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

According to the new TALO 2018 catalog, there will be two new models of No.1's exclusive to TALO, Ruger model #'s are 1310 & 1314 but is somewhat confusing as the details for both rifles are the same(?).

No sights, 22" barrel, satin blue and walnut...

Hopefully more information and the accurate details will be available soon...no pricing in the catalog.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Any idea on how many will be made? This will be a feeding frenzy like one has not seen in a long long time! I sure as heck don't need one , and could/should spend the money somewhere else , but this is the first new Ruger in several years that has my attention!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
This should prove to be interesting, do not think I have ever expressed an interest a 22lr #1, and at the prices these days for a new #1, probably no, unless they produce a SS sighted version, that will make me consider one. Lots of folks been asking for this one, hope they are a huge success for Ruger. Suppose these are full sized #1s, or they would have a different product name?

TALO has acknowledged several errors in the catalog and has taken it down from their Dropbox. Hopefully they will correct the info on the new #1 models,

I want Open SIGHTS!

Hoepfuuly, these will be exclusive but not LIMITED items....we shall see.

Single-Sixer
I love open sights on my number ones, but in a 22 rimfire, preferably .22 magnum, I would love to see it in the AB format.

357Maximum

Bearcat
I'm skeptical about the 6 lb weight , notice in their catalogue all of the rifles are indicated no sights including the 44 mag

357Maximum said:
I'm skeptical about the 6 lb weight , notice in their catalogue all of the rifles are indicated no sights including the 44 mag

I noticed that too...I am sure that is ONE of the mistakes that needed to be corrected that facilitated them taking the catalog down for now....

I thought 6lb seemed too low for a 22LR No.1....we shall find out soon I hope...

wunbe

Buckeye
This whole thread is unreal.

Ruger facing declining profits and solidly locked into a minimalist marketing strategy -- sharply reduced productioon/zero advertising etc.-- for the #1 for years is suddenly going to change gears -- including redesign/testing/parts changes/ staff retraining -- in order to offer it in a 22LR market where demand for others of its type has never all that strong?

Even at a very high MSRP for a limited run, profits from must-have collectors would be modest at best. Making a large run and selling them actively to a wider market would not see much success if the price was too high. And face it, a 22 lr even in an light sporter profile #1 is a clunky delivery system for the 22 LR.

Now if Ruger downsized the action and added stream-lined wood... I'd be in line at the right price.

wunbe

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
Apparently, according to a fairly reliable source on another forum (Yahoo Ruger No. 1 Group), this was all a big cock-up/error and WILL NOT BE HAPPENING. Hence Talo taking it off their site and the screwy listing/product numbers, etc. to begin with.

Just didn't/doesn't make sense from an economic/marketing/production perspective. As has always been the case, if you want a rimfire No. 1, you'll have to have it made for you by a competent gunsmith.

Looks like the rest of you will have to go back to dreaming . . .

gewehrfreund said:
Apparently, according to a fairly reliable source on another forum (Yahoo Ruger No. 1 Group), this was all a big cock-up/error and WILL NOT BE HAPPENING. Hence Talo taking it off their site and the screwy listing/product numbers, etc. to begin with.

Just didn't/doesn't make sense from an economic/marketing/production perspective. As has always been the case, if you want a rimfire No. 1, you'll have to have it made for you by a competent gunsmith.

Yes, I just received a PM from a very reliable source (who would KNOW) that the TALO catalog was totally incorrect, the models/part numbers are for 270 and 22-250 caliber No.1's

Sorry for believing what I read on the internet...lesson learned! :shock:

5of7

Hunter
My opinion?

I think it would be a better offering in the #3 Ruger. Lower price, lighter and with sights, of course. 8)

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Actually, I could see Ruger making a run of .22 LR No. 1's. For years they have offered rifles in also-ran and unusual cartridges. Wasn't the 77 available in like 50 different calibers at one point?

roofinspector

Single-Sixer
does not look like procuring a rimfire barrel, making an offset jig for boring the factory recess for the firing pin, changing the angle of the extractor recess, and altering a mold for the extractor would be out of the realm of possibles..............but I am not in the business either.......guess the procurment numbers have to be there too, pretty much a real niche rifle; not for everyone it seems.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
FergusonTO35 said:
Actually, I could see Ruger making a run of .22 LR No. 1's. For years they have offered rifles in also-ran and unusual cartridges. Wasn't the 77 available in like 50 different calibers at one point?

Hi,

Maybe talking to the distributors would be more productive than talking to Ruger directly. Seems I've heard a time or two that Ruger "can't make money on limited runs." Well, UNLESS Lipsey's or one of the others asks for one, then Ruger's on it like white on rice... hence a lot of those M-77s in special calibers. :)

Rick C

chet15

Hawkeye
NH Rugerman said:
gewehrfreund said:

Yes, I just received a PM from a very reliable source (who would KNOW) that the TALO catalog was totally incorrect, the models/part numbers are for 270 and 22-250 caliber No.1's

Sorry for believing what I read on the internet...lesson learned! :shock:

The original model number for the 1B in .270 was 1314.
The original model number for the 1B in .22-250 was 1310.
This was back when Ruger came out with the model number system approx. 1969.
Chet15