RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am 
Single-Sixer

Looking on the Remington web site, it seems that Remington has tried to answer the Ruger American's market, with the 783. It has an "accu-trigger" style and can be purchased in long and short actions at a low end price. I wonder if will really cut into the "American" market.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 am 
Single-Sixer

With the last two entry level Remington rifles (the 710 and 770) not selling well, I can't imagine that Ruger and/or Savage is sweating too much over the announcement of the 783.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:12 pm 
Buckeye

An uphill battle, for sure. The American has gotten naught but rave reviews from users, while Remington's last couple of bottom-end rifles have deservedly been panned. The 783 had better be the Rolls Royce of inexpensive rifles or it won't have a chance, unless they can put it out for $100 less than the Ruger -- and then they'll have to compete directly with the ridiculously simple and mind-blowingly accurate Savage Axis.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm 
Hunter

Remington shows a $451.00 list price. I think they named this the 783 to evoke memories of their last well made economy rifle, the neat little 788.