lefty

Help Support Ruger Forum:

freto

Bearcat
I am looking for a new left handed rifle. not many around. I used to have a 270 model 77 years ago and am looking for a 243 or 7mm/08 in that same left handed rifle . does anyone have one in either caliber and how accurate is it. as I recall my 270 was a tack driver
thanks

toysoldier

Hunter
The calibers you mention are two that are actually available from several manufacturers. Savage probably has more models in more calibers than anyone else.

rjencks

Bearcat
As a fellow lefty, i searched high and low for a new rifle.

Last week i bought a lefty stainless Hawkeye in .270, from CDNN.com. It was $604 shipped to my FFL, and that is the best deal out there.

I searched all the regular rifle sites and the used rifles were going for that much or more. I really wanted a 30'06, but i chose a brand new .270 over a used 30'06. I saved a few bucks and ended up with a brand new rifle, in stainless

The Ruger, IMO, is a better rifle than the Savage, because it has the claw extractor and CRF.

Accuracy wise, I'm still doing barrel break in, but i like what i see so far.

Voyager28

Single-Sixer
A friend of mine has a left hand GSR in .308 that he swears by. I've never shot it but if he says it's good it must be good. He's an avid hunter and that's pretty much the only rifle he ever takes to the woods.

Bob

wesm

Bearcat
I picked up a 1997 model M77 MKII LH 30-06 off another forum a few weeks ago, because I wanted something different than my RH Savage. For a 16 year old gun that has been hunted with, it is immaculate. I haven't shot it yet but look forward to doing so. It came with a USA-made Burris Fullfield 3x9 scope for what I thought was a very fair price.

They are out there if you keep at it. Good luck!