High Gloss Bisley Vaquero .22 LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

k2nd

Single-Sixer
I found the above a couple of days ago and have looked in all of my references including Ruger catalogs and Chet 15's Reference Guide and found nothing. It was shipped in 2002 according to Ruger. It has either a 5.5 or 6.5 inch barrel and a roll marked cylinder. As the title states it has the high polish finish. Also rosewood grips. Could this be a distributor special? Anyone have one? What do you think it's worth? Thanks in advance for your input. I have not purchased it yet.
k2nd

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
By high gloss, I take it you are talking about stainless?

I have a couple high gloss stainless Bisley Vaqueros. They have 4 1/2" barrels. Could this be model you are referring to? If so, these usually command north of $600 when you can find them.

I also have several of the high gloss stainless Vaqueros that have the 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" barrels but they are not the Bisley model.

Recently, they made a run of stainless Bisleys in 6 1/2" barrels but they were not high gloss.

Hope this helps.

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Yes, highly polished stainless. It was next to a new stainless Bearcat and not the shopkeeper model. The barrel was longer than the regular Bearcat. I will get a better look on Friday.
k2nd

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Uncle Howie, thanks for posting those old listings. Too bad photobucket blurs the photos. I'll get a better look at it tomorrow I hope!
k2nd

chet15

Hawkeye
So it has a Bisley grip frame?

Run the serial number at this link and let us know what the model number is. Then we can tell you what it is from there...

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/serialHistory/
Chet15

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Chet15, yes it has a Bisley grip frame and running the serial number shows it shipped in 2002. I saw it again last Friday and it has a 5.5 inch barrel. It's asking price is $650.00.
k2nd

k2nd

Single-Sixer
When I checked the serial number it showed it as a model 00659. I will measure the barrel the next time I see it.
k2nd

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Finally got to handle this. The display case is mirrored on the sides and back and really distorts things. The barrel measured 4 5/8".
NH Rugerman was spot on!

k2nd

dakota1911

Buckeye
I have a model 00659. I bought it new in 2003 but the fired case dates it to 2002 production. It is under my 1977 Single Six Convertible in the picture below.

Latest posts