LCP2 in .22LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mac66

Single-Sixer
5of7 said:
rimmer said:
I've got one. 85 rounds through it and the trigger is a lot nicer. It's down to about 5 lbs. Bought it for my wife and she can't handle recoil. This little gun doesn't have any.
The manual says you can dry fire it with no problems. It needs hi v ammo to cycle the slide.

I have the original LCP and I bought the LCPII thinking the trigger pull would be better than the older model. It wasn't. They both break at between 5 and 6 lbs, which is not all that bad. I put the LCPII back into the safe and am still carrying the older one because it has a SS slide.

When I was looking at the LCP i tried the original version and the II version side by side. I couldn't tell the difference in trigger pulls. I bought the original since it was about $70 cheaper and I liked the shape better.

I found there to be a very distinct difference between the two. The LCPII may not have a lighter trigger pull, but definitely crisper and more consistent. I also like the sights and grip much better on the LCPII. But, to each their own.....

$300.00 for a LCP? I can understand that it is nice to have a 22.cal trainer for a small barrel pistol or any firearm. But that price for a LCP is crazy. Maybe if it was around $150.00. And then only if it was the GEN 2 Not LCPll. The Gen 2 was a nice smooth DAO. I personally would not carry a LCPll trigger.

silverback

Blackhawk
Went to the range with mine today
Super excellent little shooter. Accurate and easy ergonomics. I meet more magazines. Lol!!!! The little loader works well.

hittman

Staff member
ShopRuger.com has a two-pack of mags for these at about $48.00.

I finally picked up my LCP-II in 22LR today from the dealer but we also got about 4 inches of snow last night so ..... other things to do besides shooting it. :(

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Like some have said the safety issue is s non issue for someone who has shot thousands of rounds thru a 1911, it's automatic to hit the safety. Secondly this little gun is a blast to shoot, 0 ftf but I have only used CCI Velocitors so far. Keeper.

First of all I would not pay $300.00 for any LCP. I get the idea of a 22.cal in a small barrel for training. And the 22.cal in that pistol is a better design than the 380 which is too powerful of a cartridge for the build quality of that gun. I also would not want a LCPll trigger. The DAO of the GEN 2 was ideal. Problem is not many folks want to train with a DAO. The light break of the LCP with very little want is great for range vanity when trying to shoot one like a Target gun, but these are not target guns.
I use to believe in a safety on a firearm. My views have changed. Now just a good DAO trigger. Especially would not have a safety on a Light trigger no matter how much I have trained with a safety.

hittman said:
ShopRuger.com has a two-pack of mags for these at about $48.00.

I picked up a two-pack of mags for $36.99 at a local shop. Also shot mine the other day. To me their is no distinct difference between the .380 and .22 platforms in terms of function and handling. I like the new .22......

hittman

Staff member
Heliman said:
I picked up a two-pack of mags for $36.99 at a local shop.

Shops here don't have the guns yet, let alone extra mags. The one I bought was the only one I say and I called all out shops for about 50 miles.

I'll for sure pay that amount for 2 extra mags.

And I've been carrying mine this week in a DeSantis Inside Heat IWB ..... very nice fit.

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
silverback said:
Super excellent little shooter. Accurate and easy ergonomics. I meet more magazines. Lol!!!! The little loader works well.
My experience with the LCP II .22 mirrors yours :)

I've about 300 rounds (Federal field pack and Blazer) through mine with only only one stoppage. That was a failure to fire on the last magazine during my last range trip. I believe it to be ammo related as the round had a decent hit on it:

Accuracy wise, be it luck of the draw or excellent quality control, mine shoots right to it's sights at 10 yards. If I do my part, the little gun is certainly capable of doing it's. The following photo is from that last mag I mentioned above, so there are nine rounds total on the target. I shot these two handed, standing and willing concede that this a "perfect storm" as my groups are usually much larger, but there's no way I wasn't taking a photo of it. That's a 3" diameter splatter target.

The safety is not an issue for me and the magazine disconnect does not affect trigger pull.

No way this doesn't stay in my range bag. It will probably go along on hikes as well :)

FWIW, I picked up a two pack of magazines from Classic Firearms that was $42.03 to my door.

Regards,
Greg

jjas

Single-Sixer
Picked up one of these pistols yesterday. Cleaned it and headed for the range this morning. I ran 50 rounds of CCI mini-mag and 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity and both performed well. No issues @ all.

This little pistol just became my woods hiking and bowhunting buddy.

Shot mine again yesterday. It liked most everything except for CCI Blazer ammo. It would on occasion fail to feed on the 4th or 5th round regardless of which magazine I used(3). It really liked the Mini-mag Stingers. When it fed properly it was impressively accurate for such a tiny package. Guess I am going to get more Stingers...

capecuddy

Bearcat
Heliman said:
I agree with Wayne. I think it might be a neat little training piece for the .380 version. Shoots a lot cheaper....

I got one and it is a great cheap-ammo trainer. It is so identical to the 380 model that you need to be careful. Unfortunately, the slides interchange, not functionally, but physically.

I always check for the manual safety on the .22lr one to be sure.

capecuddy

Bearcat
Doug in Alaska said:
I looked at the website and don't understand, if it was designed to be a practice gun for those with the LCP II, why does it have a manual safety? If I need to use my .380 LCP II in a life or death situation, I sure as hell don't want to be fumbling for the safety. JMHO

Train with the .22lr safety off. I actually wish the 380 model had the safety. I'm not a fan of the magazine disconnect though. I think their philosophy was to add the safety measures to a model used for training down to the newbie level.

capecuddy

Bearcat
silverback said:

I am free from that goofy loader. I found a video on YouTube where the guy simply put the finger of the hand holding the mag up against the side of the mag where the round is a little unstable side to side. Now I'm loading the little mags almost as fast as my SR22 mags only without the little come-along down the side of the mag. AND no cut fingers from that sharp top edge.

hpman66

Hunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWosZD4u2o
Ruger LCP II .22 LR
Hickok45
Published on Apr 28, 2020

RandyP

Bearcat
+1 on the Hickok45 reviews comments - oddball safety design (push forward or back to use?), safety gets in the way of cycling the slide, magazine a chore to fill.