RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:14 am 
Hunter

If that frame is getting plum-ripe as it appears in the close-up pic, I consider that "value added"! Neat SS in any case. And the season on Ruger parts is ALWAYS open. Good hunting!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:09 pm 
Hunter

That is a very good buy. You need Jerry Kuhnhausen’s book. “The Ruger Single Action Revolvers “. Volumes 1&2. It’s one book combined. This question is detailed with photos. I’d rather have that 1956 model than a Wrangler.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:35 am 
Single-Sixer

daveg.inkc wrote:
That is a very good buy. You need Jerry Kuhnhausen’s book. “The Ruger Single Action Revolvers “. Volumes 1&2. It’s one book combined. This question is detailed with photos. I’d rather have that 1956 model than a Wrangler.

Thanks for the suggestion. Ordered!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:50 pm 
Single-Sixer

Did a bit of an upgrade today. The previous grip panels were turning brown pretty bad, so I put some others I have from another old model on it. They are in much better shape.

Here it is with the organ donor!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:08 pm 
Hunter

Nice brace of Rugers!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:17 pm 
Bearcat

CZReverend wrote:
Hey everyone, recently had won a 1956 flatgate and would like to find a box for it. <snip>

Congrats and enjoy! Its been awhile since I've posted but I still own my late dad's 1955 vintage SS (serial < 11,000) purchased new but also without box. OTOH, I do have the original sales receipt and Ruger documents! I was a young boy then but remember that day on which he also bought a Buckheimer Clark Rebel 93 western-style holster plus Sambar stag grip set (not OEM) which have really nice bark. This gun hasn't been shot in decades but was never molested (um, make that "safety modified"). The only noticeable sign of age is slight discoloration on sides of the trigger from being stored in that leather holster with trigger guard loop likely having caused a chemical reaction during the early years. I think that could carefully be removed but its patina of time - much like the period 22lr cartridges from that era, still in the holster's belt loops...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 pm 
Long Frame Super

My Father just passed away last week suddenly this thread reminded me I traded out my dad for his old Flatgate serial #445xx I can't remember the rest of the serial # been a few years since I looked at it not much bluing on it but no rust he always had it in a leather holster he made back when it was new. Been kind of saddened since his passing but this thread gave me the spark to go dig it out and look it over again. This old flatgate was the one I shot when I was 9 or 10 years old at ground squirrels home in Montana.
That flatgate started my desire to 'Get Me One Like Dads' !
Well several Rugers later I was addicted to Ruger's!
Thanks Dad!:)

GUN COLLECTORS......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!

Living in the Middle of the Rocky Mountains!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!