Need info on Ruger .22 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My44Cannon

Bearcat
Hello,

Before I buy a new .22 Mag cylinder for my Dads Ruger .22 Blackhawk I need some help.
His Ruger .22 Blackhawk has three screws through the side. Does that make it an 'Older Model'?
I'm no expert but am I right in saying that a "New Model" .22 Mag cylinder WILL NOT work in an "Older Model" .22 Blackhawk?

Thank you!

CraigC

Hawkeye
That makes it an Old Model Single Six. Not a Blackhawk. New Model cylinders do interchange but either way, will usually need to be fitted.

When you get a chance take the 22 LR cylinder out and measure it for an OAL and also from the ratchet to the top of the cylinder. Probably somewhere around 1.60" OAL and 1.42x for the second measurement. Get the right cylinder and increase your odds of it working. There is a stainless one on the classifieds now that may work.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
If you need help you can send me pics quarterbore @yahoo.com and I will post.

Second, if it is stamped Blackhawk and 22lr do not accept any offers to buy until you are very clear what you have. Ruger has done strange things and the strangest examples have very serious collector value!

I am not a buyer regardless what you have!

My44Cannon

Bearcat
Sorry guys, my Dad now says it doesn't say 'Blackhawk' on it. He says his gun broker calls it a Blackhawk, the guy has been in the business since he was a kid working with his father and grandfather. Not sure now if we should trust what he tells us!

If someone will help me understand the htpp://image_url and what I need to put in place of 'image_url' then I will post pics for you!

Thank you

Hondo44

Hawkeye
If you can't post a picture please tell us exactly what is stamped on the left side of the frame.
You have an Old Model, with or without adjustable sights, this is what it should be stamped:

RUGER .22 Cal.
SINGLE SIX

And I think most will advise to stay away from photobucket. I use fototime and there are other good ones that work.