Skeleton view of 22/45?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sylvester

Bearcat
Howdy all, new guy here. I'm looking for a skeleton view of the 22/45 so I can see the functions. Anyone know where I can find that? Thanks.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
I don't recall any skeleton views recently. What functions are you trying to see? And,, which one,,, the MKII, MKIII, or the MKIV?

Sylvester

Bearcat
Thanks Contender! It's not a MK series. Manufactured in 2000. Just says 22/45. The reason I ask is I've seen graphic illustrations of the 1911 and others. I don't know the terminologies for the parts, so I'll wing it. I'm trying to figure out how the locking pin in the grip pushes on the recoil spring when I assemble it. I like to know how things work. Got it all figured out except that. I doubt you can explain it, since I can't really explain it!

While the 22/45 is not technically a MKII, Ruger considers it part of the MKII "family". Have you looked at the user manuals on the Ruger web site? They provide exploded views with the parts identified by name. That should help you refine your question.

Brownells has numerous firearms schematics (googling this terminology may help you find what you want). The working parts of both 22/45 and MK pistols are similar.

Regarding your specific question: The "locking pin" provides the rear support for the main spring. When installed, the pin pre-loads the spring slightly. This pin also locks the top half of the pistol to the grip frame by preventing rearward movement of the top half off the front lug.

Sylvester

Bearcat
Thanks! This is what I was looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AxHa0lZxBI

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Here is a link for you they have almost every firearm made schematics if it helps

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Ruger-33474/AutoPistols-40403/MKIII22-45-35115.htm

Latest posts