New Mark IV ,s Hunter and Target models

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
I got a new Hunter model shortly after they first came out , like it pretty well , but thinking after a while I tend to like the sights on the Target models a little better as ive had a few of those models in the past , do any of you prefer the Target sights over the V notch and colored front tube that come on the Hunter ? Also did anyone see the you tube video where the top of the gun was a little loose on one a guy had ? Ruger fixed it with a new receiver , there may be a very slight bit of play in all of them by design now where there not locked together like before , I wonder if that could be a problem in the future after several rounds shot through them with loosening up , or nothing to worry about ?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
The Mk IV design is as "locked together" as the earlier models and the play is not designed in. Mine has has several hundred round so far and it wasn't loose at first and isn't loose now.

RandyP

Bearcat
Any play is unimportant, the barrel and sights are fixed together.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
I didn't think of it that way , you may be right Randy P . it would probably have to really flop around before it would effect it maybe ? Does anyone else prefer the sights that come on the Target model over the Hunters V notch and high vis front ?

Latest posts