10/22 Range Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The wife had fun shooting my Mini 14 but didn't care for the weight or the recoil, she asked if there's a lighter rifle with less recoil that would be good for her. So...I ordered her a 10/22 that night and surprised her with it this morning. Gave it a good cleaning and mounted a Truglo red/green dot as she needs to shoot the gun right handed but can't keep her right eye open if she closes the left. The gun is a hoot, she loves it, 100 CCI Mini Mags-2 FTE, 100 Winchester 333 white box- 0 failures, 100 Remington Golden Bullets- 0 failures. Accuracy was great but most importantly, my wife is a really happy camper.

Hittman, I know you have a thread asking about an inexpensive sight for a 10/22, well, I recommend this Truglo(link below) very highly, it works great in bright sun, has 4 reticles to choose from an can be set as red or green. Time will tell how it holds up but I don't see the 10/22 hurting this sight at all.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/929725/truglo-tru-brite-reflex-red-dot-sight-red-and-green-4-pattern-reticle-25-moa-dot-5-moa-dot-25-moa-circle-dot-5-moa-circle-dot-with-integral-weaver-style-base-matte