22/45 Lite question..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

skip

Single-Sixer
I'm thinkin about jumpin on a Ruger 22/45 Lite...I have a choice between the green perforated barrel and the blue barrel with slashes..are they different year models or has Ruger just given us a choice...any reason to choose one over the other or is it just cosmetic? Thnx

9x19

Hunter
Ruger makes changes each year to the barrel shroud... started with the solid (angled grooves) Champagne gold color, then solid (horizontal flutes) black, then Cobalt blue with the holes, now bright blue with the vertical vents.... there are a few other variations along the way (solid bronze, red vertical vents, etc.)

No major engineering changes along the way, but I like the ventilated shrouds better than the solid.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
skip said:
I'm thinkin about jumpin on a Ruger 22/45 Lite...I have a choice between the green perforated barrel and the blue barrel with slashes..are they different year models or has Ruger just given us a choice...any reason to choose one over the other or is it just cosmetic? Thnx

Geeez! Now they have a GREEN one? Rather than continue to change colors, it'd be nice if they get these "LITE" versions perfected. :)

skip

Single-Sixer
Does anyone out there own one of those "pimp" models and if so are there screws provided to fill the holes if you remove the rail?

9x19

Hunter
Mine didn't come with the rail attached so I don't know if they include filler screws with those that do.

skip

Single-Sixer
9x19 said:
Mine didn't come with the rail attached so I don't know if they include filler screws with those that do.
all the ones I see around here have the rails attached, maybe they are just on for display? The lowest price I can find is $429.00

Buckhorn150

Bearcat
Just picked the blue (shark fin) 22/45 lite for my wife. Yes the rail comes attached,and no there is not any filler screws with the package. We took the rail off and just didn't look right with out it so I installed it back on.

skip

Single-Sixer
Thnx for all the great info....all my questions have been answered..I think the "pimp" model will go nicely with my chrome plated pearl handled 32-20...