LCR Confessions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
The LCR does indeed look strange, but my standard remains "can I shoot it well". I like the looks of S&W products, but I generally shoot Rugers better. The only S&Ws I still own are a pair of 649 J-frames in .38 Spcl. Why? Because I shoot them well. In fact I shoot them better than the SP101s. Once I've had a chance to try the LCR, I may have to revise my list of what stays and what goes.

I've got a snubbie SP101 .357 (bright finish) that I'd like to offer as a straight trade for a 3"-4" GP100 (stainless, fixed or adjustable sights). Any takers?

rich642z

Single-Sixer
Oldnavy.I happen to have an older Ruger GP100 but,,,,,,,,, its NOT FOR SALE. I also have the Ruger LCR revolver and the SP101 in .357 and .38+p special. The SP101 is matte finish and shoots perfect with .357 in any grain loads and the LCR, IT IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET to shoot and is sometimes my main ccw revolver. Yes,I do have my collections of S&Ws model 10s and 65s but,Rugers are the perfect revolver to keep and not sell. I also have a 70s model Ruger Speed Six in .357 SS that is a dream to shoot also. I will be buried with them when I leave this world. rich642z

claydoctor

Bearcat
rich642z":rly91xkb said:
Oldnavy.I happen to have an older Ruger GP100 but,,,,,,,,, its NOT FOR SALE. I also have the Ruger LCR revolver and the SP101 in .357 and .38+p special. The SP101 is matte finish and shoots perfect with .357 in any grain loads and the LCR, IT IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET to shoot and is sometimes my main ccw revolver. Yes,I do have my collections of S&Ws model 10s and 65s but,Rugers are the perfect revolver to keep and not sell. I also have a 70s model Ruger Speed Six in .357 SS that is a dream to shoot also. I will be buried with them when I leave this world. rich642z

Not if your undertaker is a gun collector.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I'm having trouble getting used to the looks of the thing. I have a Smith 642 that I use more than any other for concealed carry, but it is about as far from "traditional" as I am willing to go.

I know the LCR is a tool, and as such, it has been designed with functionality in mind. I've even argued in other posts here that form should follow function--not the other way around. Still, something deep inside me says that if you are going to have a revolver, it should at least be made of metal. If I ever decide I need a polymer gun, I'll probably get a Springfield XD. If it seems too big, there's always Kahr.

I guess I don't care for the LCR myself, but I would recommend it to a friend who wants a revolver, but wants it to be compact, lightweight, low-maintenance, and reasonably priced. (Assume this friend favors high-tech gadgets, or just doesn't care about traditional aesthetics.) In other words, I'm kind of a hypocrite. (Don't judge me!) :wink:

claydoctor

Bearcat
I'm looking on an excuse to buy one and it may be that I don't have a Crimson Trace equipped handgun.

redeux

Bearcat
i was impressed with the one i saw today...
now we need a similar 5 shot 2.5-3" in 45 colt...

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I might be out of place here but Rob L, loves his LCR... and as far as ugly goes.. a simply Rugged "silver dollar pancake holster" covers a whole lot of ugly..... I'm just sayin........ :wink:

ciao ya'll

reuben....

claydoctor

Bearcat
Actually, my brother has one he has not yet fired and has offered to let me break it in. I plan to do so this coming week at the risk of eventually costing me more money.

I predict after claydoctor "breaks in his brothers LCR", he's going to be out around another $440. I never thought a .38 snubnose would be so much fun to shoot. It's very accurate and easy on the hand, especially practicing with non-Plus P ammo. There won't be any recall on this one. Just lots of sales. Only downside for those who haven't got one yet is I don't see the price dropping much for some time.

bronco45

Single-Sixer
I would like to see Hogue offer that LCR grip for the SP. Only been able to handle an LCR at a dealers, but I love the grip. It would work great on my SPs.

claydoctor

Bearcat
steveodtw":1o1gyrya said:
I predict after claydoctor "breaks in his brothers LCR", he's going to be out around another $440. I never thought a .38 snubnose would be so much fun to shoot. It's very accurate and easy on the hand, especially practicing with non-Plus P ammo. There won't be any recall on this one. Just lots of sales. Only downside for those who haven't got one yet is I don't see the price dropping much for some time.

$399 in these parts.