Shooting 40 S&W in a 10mm MC.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
The question was asked in another 10mm GP-100 thread about shooting 40s in the 10MM MC GP-100. Well, having finally regained my health after two surgeries on my left foot I set out to see how it worked for me. Having acquired a 10mm MC some 10 days after it was announced and in between my hospital stays, I was ready for some shooting. I've had 33 moon clips loaded with full house 170 10 mm factory(S&B) loads loaded for the last 3 months. Saturday, I ran 96 rounds of 10mm through the GP-100 without incident other than having to have to "seat" the loaded moon clip in the cylinder. Removing the brass from the clips was a snap without any tools. This morning I ran through 100 rounds of handloaded 40 hollowpoint ammo that I loaded at least 3 years ago. The clipped ammo just dropped into the cylinder without having to be "seated". Extraction was more quick and positive than the 10's due to the shorter length of the case. I had 2 rounds that I had to strike twice, which I attribute to a high primer in my ammo which was loaded with assorted brass. I could hardly tell the difference in recoil between the 2 loads. I have a small blister on the web of my hand at the bottom of my thump that I usually get everytime I shoot my M57's and M29's. I forgot to use a couple wraps of tape before I started. Bob!! 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
I've shot both the .40 & 10mm in mine as well. I shoot a .40 S&W revolver in USPSA competition,, so getting the MC in it was an EASY decision.

nn

Single-Sixer
Should shoot just fine as you found out.

I have shot much .40 S&W in a 610 and fount the 10mm and .40 S&W shoot to the same POA.