Stainless Old Army 5.5" Fixed Sight Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chaosrob

Bearcat
Thinking it may be time to pass this one along, could you guys be kind enough to give me an approximate value on it? It has the nipple wrench, papers and box it also appears unfired (I purchased it second hand so ot 100%) although has ben turned I have looked on GB and cannot find a recent comp in the sold side so thought I would ask here. TIA

4tlOISr.jpg

sLE6LtI.jpg

kWYuwXg.jpg

AC5XEZd.jpg

36nTU5H.jpg

fvubvCT.jpg

k2HkuZa.jpg

2NFitco.jpg

Nice gun, and about a year ago, they were going for top dollar, my 'late' friend Fred P former Navy Seabee passed away and just before he did last year sold his for $1250, I had sold one at the gun show ( had a pair of them ) and the year before fred passed away we had sold them for over $850 each......
I had seen one sell on gunbroker for $1500 that was only ONE time and never saw another anywhere near that , and just what Fred had gotten........that being said it all depends on what someone is willing to pay and the "pucker factor" ( how bad does one need it....) or two drunks at any given auction and they BOTH want the same thing.........a crap shoot , good luck they are a NICE gun...... :wink:

Rclark

Hunter
I paid $800 NIB low serial # {Me bad... not $600, edited as I just looked it up!)for mine, had Munden Enterprises slick it up.... That was in 2013. I am still on the lookout for a blued fixed 5.5 ROA myself... I'd think between 600-800 would be the 'going' rate depending.

I paid $900 for my blued 5.5 fixed sight ROA a year ago. It's never been fired but does have a turn ring. I think prices have come down since then. I had to get a letter from Ruger to find out when built /shipped because the ser.# wasn't in their serial number history range.
It just sits in the safe, not real sure if I will ever shoot it. Good luck with your sale.

Armybrat

Buckeye
A man can get a lot of pleasure out of handling & admiring a beautiful, perfectly designed and well made firearm like the one pictured..... even without ever firing it.

Rclark

Hunter
I certainly hear ya ... But don't understand ya :) . Mine are all shooters. Life is way to short to 'not' be shooting a gun that I bought ... unless it has some historical value, like this an original Colt Walker used in the Mexican War. But then it should be in a museum. Just a personal preference :) .