Single Six 32 H&R Mag revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SGT Dan

Bearcat
I have a consecutive numbered pair of these (650-57XXX) revolvers in 32 H&R Mag. They are blue with 5.5" barrels. Anyone know the approximate production number of this run? Year of production?

One has the wooden laminated Ruger grips...other one has Ruger black plastic grips. What took place there? Each came from a reputable dealer in a different part of the USA...both are NIB and have not been touched.

Is there any collectible value to these two revolvers...or should I simply start shooting them?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Joe S.

Hunter
If you don't shoot at least one, you are missing out on a great shooting sixgun. I am not as much of a collector as I am a shooter/ accumulator, and I buy guns based on the enjoyment of using them. My 32 mags are easily some of my favorite Rugers.

As far as numbers go, there are less 32 cal Single Sixes made than 22 cal Single Sixes, but I am not sure of the "rarity" of them.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Almost 60,000 produced and the 5 1/2" barrel is the most plentiful.

Yours are two of the last from 2009. That time period coincides with the change over to the black plastic grips and your two may have been made weeks apart. They are not produced in numerical order.

Sell them to a collector who'll pay a premium for consecutive numbered guns if you can find one and find some to shoot. Or just go shoot them, you'll enjoy if you don't have others already.

SGT Dan

Bearcat
Thanks gentlemen...I forgot to mention that they are both the Model 06517 with catalog No. SSM-5F...blued with fixed sights similar to a Colt SAA.

I do question if this specific model had that high of a production number; but, Ruger produces a ton of firearms...one never knows. If this specific revolver configuration is in its own 650-XXXXX serial number series, then the 60,000 production is probably fairly accurate. They certainly don't show up for sale very often; but, with that high production...they would not be anything special for rarity.

If no one shows an interest in these NIB consecutive serial number revolvers, they will be put to use and shot a bunch...that is a fun cartridge if one wants to do a lot of CF handgun shooting.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Welcome to the forum.

"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

You left out just a wee bit of information my friend! Now you're asking an entirely different question.

They aren't put up for sale very often because those were just recently released, there was no past production in that barrel length. The serial #s picked up where the # series left off in 2009. It's been reported that 99 were released.

Now what are you going to do? Your decision just got tougher.

SGT Dan

Bearcat
Thanks Hondo44...yes indeed, now I'm in up to my knees. Another gentleman from another location told me the same exact information as you.

Actually I am five years into retirement and have been moving firearms to new owners for the past decade. I still need a few around to shoot up my excess ammo and reloading components before I get too old...or a future president/administration/congress takes all of it away from us.

To think...all I wanted to do was acquire a 32 H&R Mag revolver to shoot...and this model is perfect for that process. Looks like I will have to get them to a new home and start looking for another that is ready to be simply a shooter.

I have a pair of consecutive number single six's in 32 mag that came into the shop yesterday, model number SSM-6 NIB w/ shipper boxes matching the guns. the serial numbers are 650-31679,650-31680. The consigner wants to sell them are I am looking for a value for the set, he has asked for 1500.00 for set. Is this a fair price?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
SGT Dan said:
Thanks Hondo44...yes indeed, now I'm in up to my knees. Another gentleman from another location told me the same exact information as you.

Actually I am five years into retirement and have been moving firearms to new owners for the past decade. I still need a few around to shoot up my excess ammo and reloading components before I get too old...or a future president/administration/congress takes all of it away from us.

To think...all I wanted to do was acquire a 32 H&R Mag revolver to shoot...and this model is perfect for that process. Looks like I will have to get them to a new home and start looking for another that is ready to be simply a shooter.

You're welcome.

I wouldn't wait to find another 5 1/2", they're going to dry up soon with only 99 made and released back in 12/15. I know you'll be laying out more cash, but finding another would be my first priority. Then worry about selling the pair, the market will only improve for them.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
daves264winmagnum said:
I have a pair of consecutive number single six's in 32 mag that came into the shop yesterday, model number SSM-6 NIB w/ shipper boxes matching the guns. the serial numbers are 650-31679,650-31680. The consigner wants to sell them are I am looking for a value for the set, he has asked for 1500.00 for set. Is this a fair price?

Dave,

You should start your own new thread. And you'll get more responses as well.