Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

any ruger

Blackhawk
Looking at one stainless 45 colt 5 1/2 barrel no box or paper white ply grips they are asking 550 is that a decent price? I can send pics to a cell #. Forgot to add it is a Bisley.

If you want one I'd get it. You don't see a lot of them. I've got a couple and wouldn't sell mine for that. I used mine for CAS years ago when I did it. Not sure they are the best for that but they clean up better. Good balancing gun. It's not a steal, but it's certainly a fair price. Go for it. Hey you asked. :)

Timbo22

Single-Sixer
It's a fair price for an original Vaquero (large frame/two digit serial number prefix) but high, I think for a New Vaquero (medium frame/three digit serial number prefix).
I say that because the original Vaquero can be use to shoot nearly any 45 Colt ammo (follow manufacturers recommendation) especially with the Bisley grip frame and they have been out of production (except limited number of clean-ups) since 2005. I don't know how many original Vaqueros were made in 45 Colt with the Bisley grip frame, but not that a many.
The New Vaquero is still in production and you can get a brand new one for not that much more including box, papers, lock, etc.
It really depends on what you have in mind for the gun. If you just want to shoot standard 45 Colt ammo you will be well served by a New Vaquero but if you full power loads in mind, go with the original Vaquero.
Timbo

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I do not know about the pricing in Minnesota, but I have a 2002 Ruger SS Vaquero Birds head Grip. I Purchased in great condition 6 months ago 3.75" barrel for $399. So the price may depend on where you live. I do not know how few Beasley's they made or really anything about the Beasley's but I sure do like mine and enjoy shooting it. It is also a 45 Colt. Good luck on the gun and you're decision. They don't make it anymore, and the more you wait around someone else will more than likely pick it up. So if you want it jump on it.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
$550 is on the high side for local purchase 45colt original Vaqueros. About $400-550 is what I've been seeing them in realistic markets (not the wonderful world of whimsy we call Gunbroker). I buy a lot of original Vaq's, the 357's can be had for a song, the 45's actually have a little value, the 44's draw the most value, with the exception of the unique/rare chamberings like the 44-40. The 45colt versions aren't terribly difficult to find if you keep your eyes open, but many of them did get sunk into the world of SASS/CAS, so it's not always easy to find them which haven't been reworked (with varying degrees of expertise) and/or rode hard and put away wet, as they say.

It's not a bad price though - if you can negotiate down, try to do so, but if you can't, don't feel bad for paying it.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Anything you can load and shoot is worth 500.00. Prices are on the upside. May not be a great deal,, the 499.00 SS Backhawks I bought from Mike Reber are now 100.00 higher.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Last one I bought was $350 on the sticker, took $300 out the door after tax. Stainless 5.5" original Vaq in 357, wouldn't think any Ruger revolver gets much cheaper than that.