Belt Mountain redesigned base pin latch?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bruce in WV

Single-Sixer
I was ordering a new base pin and noticed an ad on the Belt Mountain web site for a "redesigned base pin latch". Does anybody have additional information on the redesign?

Look halfway down the page here: www.beltmountain.com/ruger.htm

Bruce in WV

Single-Sixer
Keyle responded on another website:

"Yes, they are hardened steel and have the heavy duty spring from Wolff. I'm unable to update the website. I hope this helps. Kelye @ Belt Mtn"

contender

Ruger Guru
Oops,,, I misspelled Kelye's name.
But,, besides that,,, it's good to get the info directly from him. Thanks for sharing his response.

Bruce in WV

Single-Sixer
I rec'd 3 of these base pin latches and put them in 1 OM 44mag SBH, 1 NM 44Mag SBH and 1 NM .357 50th Anniversary BH. All fit interchangeably with the OEM part. In addition to the stronger Wolffe springs in the BM latches, they may be slightly larger diameter than the OEM, too, but I don't have a good enough quality micrometer to measure that finely to verify it. That this makes the factory base pins fit more tightly, much less likely to back out in my two 44 magnums, which had been a problem. When used with the BM base pin, its a much tighter fit, needing a little help with a wooden tongue depressor to get it started out during disassembly. Bottom line, I like them and appreciate the tight fit and close tolerances. Thank you, sir, for a fine product.