ruger security six 2 3/4 inch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
I'd say $550 is Ok, if a little bit strong. Not enough to keep me from picking it up, if I wanted it. :oops:
Terry T

ginzo

Single-Sixer
I'm on the fence. I love my Security and my Speed sixes.

I guess if it was in front of me, and I had to make a decision, I probably would. They are so popular now that I can see some one holding out and getting $5-600.00 for them.

That's what I would have to get to EVEN consider parting with mine! And NO, they are not for sale!!!! :D

Zebraranger

Single-Sixer
stainless, NIB dates 79 ....is 550.00 a good deal?
thanks

Unfortunately being NIB, that's about what they are going for in my area now, and in some cases even a little more.
They're great revolvers, glad I got my two when I did.

wizofwas

Buckeye
If it comes with the original box and papers, it's still a bit of a strong price. But then you can also add the "pucker" value to it too.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Not bad in my opinion especially for nib. Take note of the ss speed six in the classifieds here. Used , no box , asking price of $650 , and it went pretty quick! The 2 3/4" ss guns are the only ones that seem to command a premium like that.

I bought a nib ss 2 3/4" security six about 5 years ago. $450 total for everything and thought myself I was crazy for paying that much. Glad I did it now. The days of cheap security sixes are gone. Everyone balks at the prices , me in lncluded , but find something similar in quality today for that price.

ginzo

Single-Sixer
The early bird gets the "Six" series............ :(

The more those of us that know talk of them, the higher the prices go. Like most (I guess) I found one by accident, THEN realized what a great gun they are.

holo07

Single-Sixer
I paid 475.00 for mine n.i.b. Last year and felt I did very well. Buy it you won't come across another for a long while.

finesse_r

Single-Sixer
I have a pair and I paid $550 for both of them over 3 years ago, and neither is new or with the box. The short barrel security six and speed six bring a premium over the 4 inch or the 6 inch.

Cholo

Staff member
Tough crowd! You guys are so tight I couldn't jackhammer a pin up your azz :mrgreen: I'd give $550 for a NIB with the goodies, if that was the Six I was looking for.

Cholo said:
Tough crowd! You guys are so tight I couldn't jackhammer a pin up your azz :mrgreen: I'd give $550 for a NIB with the goodies, if that was the Six I was looking for.

I thought the saying was if you stuck a piece of coal up their arse you'd get diamonds back. :mrgreen: He asked if $550 was a good deal. That it was. I bet they typically sell for $600-$650 in that condition. But I like a good deal as much as anyone.

wizofwas

Buckeye
Cholo said:
Key words "if that was the Six I was looking for". That's the pucker value I was referring too. :)

M1Lover

Bearcat
michael52 said:
stainless, NIB dates 79 ....is 550.00 a good deal?
thanks

Michael, what colors was that security six's box? Black and red or black and yellow? There's one just like it on GB for $500 buy it now... Hunter

Thel

Blackhawk
gramps said:
I had one back in the mid 80's. Bought used. Sweet shooting gun that I traded for a GP-100. I sold it too. Argggg!
gramps

I did that, too. However, to get over it I got another GP100 and a Speed Six as a replacement.