2 LCRx 3" models on Davidsons

Help Support Ruger Forum:

There are two 3" models on Gallery of Guns now.

The 5431, is on Ruger's web site.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/RugerStore/ItemDetail.aspx?item=5431-RUG

and the 5433, which I can't find on Ruger's web site.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/RugerStore/ItemDetail.aspx?item=5433-RUG

Looking at the specs for them, they look the same, so I wonder what the difference is. I also am kinda hoping that it's actually not 38 special, but rather 357 mag. That's my dream kit gun!

Anyone who knows what this 5433 is, please speak up!

9x19

Hunter
If it were .357 it would weigh more, as they have a steel frame, instead of aluminum.

Best bet is to call Davidson's and ask what the difference is.

So the plot thickens!

I called Davidson's, and they didn't know either. She is going to try and find out, and call me back.

The thing that gets me is that it's a different picture of a 3" LCRx.

Edmo

Bearcat
I like mine and wear it around the house and as a hiking companion...

The only thing I would change is the ejector rod length. I think they used the same ejector rod as on the snubbie and it is a bit short for a full ejection of spent brass.

I would take advantage of the extra room under the barrel on the 3" model and give us a longer one.

Edmo

imagejpg1_zpsa76fa173.jpg

Edmo

Bearcat
Rumrunner said:
I love my 3" LCRx, and love that picture Edmo.
I had that revolver and flashlight with me today at the range... Different Benchmade knife though.

I took all of my "nubbies" along too... The 3" barrel makes the LCRx point easier than the others. It shoots much tighter groups in my hand than any of these below.

Primers were popped, powder was burned, paper was punched, and smiles were made.

Edmo

imagejpg2_zpse6448b75.jpg

rangerbob

Buckeye
I checked that SKU with Sports South and Lipsey's. It was not listed, so I suspect it's a Davison or Talo run. It's bad when a distributor can't open a box and look inside. Bob! :(

rangerbob said:
I checked that SKU with Sports South and Lipsey's. It was not listed, so I suspect it's a Davison or Talo run. It's bad when a distributor can't open a box and look inside. Bob! :(

Ha! I know! I did ask them about that once, and they said that they're no longer allowed to do that because of parts getting lost, and in one instance, 2 guns didn't make it back into the right boxes. So I understand, but it still sucks.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
The only difference I can tell is that it looks like they took one picture with the flash on and one picture with the flash off.

I called Ruger customer service, and they don't know the difference either, in fact he didn't even know about the 5433 - hahaha!

He took my contact info, and will call me if/when he finds out.

bluderbuss

Bearcat
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but did anyone figure out the difference? I'm in the market :)

I asked Ruger customer service and was told:

"The only difference between these two models of the Ruger LCR is the cosmetics. Functionally and visually they are the same."

But I'm not quite sure how two things can simultaneously be both visually the same and cosmetically different!

Also, I think 5431 is LCRX-3 and 5433 is LCRX-3C.

Latest posts