Which to keep? 7.5" SRH or 4.2" RH .44 magnum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wellthought

Bearcat
I have two .44 magnums - a stainless Super Redhawk 7.5" and a stainless Redhawk 4.2". I'm thinking about selling one of them. Which one should I sell? What are the pros and cons for each, etc. Thanks for any help I can get. By the way, the SRH has a MIM trigger and the RH does not. Both are very accurate and comfortable to shoot for me.

contender

Ruger Guru
I hate the thing called; "seller remorse." So I don't sell. I keep. In your case, both are good firearms, and can have different purposes. The Super has a longer barrel, and can be used for serious longer range shooting, while the shorter Redhawk can be packed easier. I say keep them both.

DGW1949

Hunter
If I had to ask others for the answer, I'd sell them both and buy something that I knew I had a use for. But that's just me....I don't collect stuff "just because".

DGW

wellthought

Bearcat
TRanger said:
What is your intended use? I'll second those who say don't sell, by the way.

Home defense/carry for the 4.2" and a sidearm for hunting deer for the 7.5". They actually DO have different purposes so perhaps I'll just skip the seller's remorse and keep both of them. I have sold so many guns in my past that I wish I had kept. If I sold one of these, the money would likely be used to buy a Sig Sauer P220 Equinox .45. I had one of those several years ago and sold it. THAT produced seller's remorse BIG time. I guess I'll just have to wait until next Christmas to get the Equinox.

foilist

Bearcat
Yeah keep both. if handgun hunt the SRH. Looking for defense against big animals, the RH. But why choose? Keep both !

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I'm always partial to shorter barreled handguns. I find them easier to carry and don't mind the recoil. I'd keep the 4.2" Redhawk.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
I'll have to go along with contender...gota be careful of "sellers remorse". Both are excellent firearms....keep both!

Bob R

Single-Sixer
I recomend keeping them both also.
The 7.5 SRH is a very good hunting handgun, and also fun for long range shooting. My brother has a 9.5 SRH in 44 Magnum, and I have a 9.5 SRH in 480 Ruger. Great hunting handguns.
We also both have 625 Smith & Wesson's in 45acp/45AR.
We both shoot both handguns quite a bit. Non are for sale.
The 4.2 RedHawk should be a good holster gun. I have had several 29's and 629's over the years also. I normally carried 44 Magnum ammunition down loaded to heavy 44 Special in them, as well as shotshells for snakes.
They have completely different uses.

Bob

gunner300

Bearcat
wellthought said:
I have two .44 magnums - a stainless Super Redhawk 7.5" and a stainless Redhawk 4.2". I'm thinking about selling one of them. Which one should I sell? What are the pros and cons for each, etc. Thanks for any help I can get. By the way, the SRH has a MIM trigger and the RH does not. Both are very accurate and comfortable to shoot for me.
LMK If you want to sell the 4"

wellthought

Bearcat
I kept both of them and have not suffered seller's remorse. I don't sell guns anymore. When I buy a gun, it's permanent! :mrgreen: