Revolvers at Cabela's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

swoter

Bearcat
I've only been in Cabelas once, but I do go into Gander Mountain often. In the last 6 months I've seen some good prices in their used section. 44 mag stainless Vaquero for 400, Single-six 32 mag 400, two P95 250 each, j-frame Smith 32 long 300, and a U.S. marked Mark 1 for 400.
The only new gun I bought from them was my 44 Special at 550. You just have to check often. They do have several Walther P1 that are priced at 500 each. They've been there quite awhile.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
HAWKEYE#28 said:
My vague memory says there was a RSSE that sold quickly for $950 just a few years ago.....Was it a Kentucky store? :roll:

I'm sure we all remember that vividly.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have bought Rugers from Cabelas when they were the only store that had them. I got my 3 3/4" SS SBH Bisley there when they were just not obtainable anywhere else.
I did have to give almost $650 for it though.

Chance

Buckeye
I used to buy 25-50 guns (mostly Rugers) a year at the Az Cabelas Gun Library. I only live 10 minutes or so away and ran in a few times a week. At the time they worked at a flat 30% mark up and I would ask what a certain gun would cost out the door, get a price and normally buy it. Boxed flatgate for $170.00 is just one example. After the RSSE incident the whole Cabela's world changed and I don't even bother going there for the most part.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I HAVE A THEORY ABOUT WHAT MAY HAVE CHANGED, "THEN"............AND A PLAYER WHO KNOWS/DOES RUGERS.......IS NOT ONE OF "US" AS FAR AS I HAVE EVER HEARD...........PROBABLY HAD INSIDE TRACK BUT WAS NOT MADE AWARE OF THE GUN.......... :roll:
WHEN I CALLED THE STORE ABOUT THE GUN, THE GUN GUY VOICE ON THE OTHER END WAS RATHER INDIGNANT THAT I EVEN QUESTIONED ABOUT THE ITEM. UPON FURTHER QUESTIONING, IT SEEMED THAT IT WAS PRICED AS "JUST ANOTHER SINGLE SIX." JUST FOR THE HELLOFIT, I PROVIDED A BIT OF FURTHER EDUCATION AND HUNG UP.......... 8)

grumpy7159

Bearcat
I was in Cabela's and they had a Match Champion for $720. The gun was gone the next weeks visit. No advertised special either. Buyer be ware.

Chance

Buckeye
After whining about Cabela's in a post a couple of nights ago I went down there and ended up walking out with a 1906 Marlin 97 in 22lr and a used, like new Henry Big Boy 44mag.