Value of a Redhaw in 357magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Zazing

Bearcat
I was just curious and hope there is someone here that might know what one would have pay for a Ruger Redhawk chambered in 357 magnum. Fella at work has one and wants a thousand for it. I already have one but two would look nice in a cool double holster cowboy rig. 7.5 " barrel stainless. Thanks for any advice.

hittman

Staff member
$1,000.00 isn't out of the question depending on condition and if it has the original box, etc.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=446613593

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=447240483

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Amazing. A grand for a very heavy .357 redhawk and I can't even get $700 for my mint 2008 Redhawk .44 mag with box and papers.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I don't know what people are really getting for them, but lately it seems the sellers believe values have skyrocketed.

I had one, a stainless 5". I bought it 5 or 6 years ago for $400, I think. It was a neat gun and fun to have in my collection, but I realized I would probably never carry it, because it was just too big and heavy. I sold it here on the forum for about what I paid.

Now, I see them listed from time to time with asking prices of $700, $800, or more. I guess they're worth whatever buyers are willing to give. Anything over 600 seems unreasonable to me.

k22fan

Blackhawk
There aren't very many .357 RHs so a collector's premium over the value of .44 RHs is justified, but It's not for me to proclaim how much of a premium.

As previously alluded to, collectors' variations only sold in small numbers because they were less practical for most buyers. There may not be a .357 revolver that weighs more than a 7 ½" .357 RH's 56 ounces. In addition to dragging down a belt they are muzzle heavy offhand. Mine only goes to the range where it's fun to shoot, a conversation piece and obviously a collectors item. That's good enough to make mine a keeper but I'm wondering how many shoulder straps it would take to hold up a cowboy rig holding two of them.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
I just bought two of them this month. One a 7.5" for $800, the other a 5.5" for $850.

Haven't seen one on an auction site or sale site for less than $1000 in a long while, but I've also seen most of them no sale.

Zazing

Bearcat
The comment placed about weight in a double rig set my mind to wonder just how fun that might not be. So I have mine and yes its a range gun/plunking piece and I reload so I kinda feel ones adequate. Thanks folks.