New Model / RCA Collector help please ......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Local auction today had a 5.5" NM 44 Mag marked RCA, new in box, with all the paperwork.

It brought $650.00. Anybody see these for sale? That about right on the price?

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have found that guns that are produced specially to be collector pieces seldom increase in value as fast as people think they will.

My old boss ,back in the 70`s, had a large collection of Winchester commemorative rifles. 30 years later he sold them for little or no more than he paid for them. Some were hard to move and he actually lost money on them. All were NIB.

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
I had a sale at my Uncle Chase's gun room. His Pre-64 Model 70 rifles brought Top dollar. We advertised all his guns in the local paper near Pocatello, Idaho and the sale lasted 4 days. We had over 300 1911's alone. All Colt's US property marked, Navy models. It all depends WHO is at the auction, and how well the guns are advertised. One item was a Brass Maxim machine gun that brought 6 figures!

hittman

Staff member
How many different New Model 44 Mags were produced for the RCA?

chet15

Hawkeye
Sounds like an RCA "White Case" KS45N.

If it was in a white fitted cardboard case, there are only 110 of those.
The following is from the Ruger reference...

"R.C.A. "white case" S45N. Known s/n range 85-71413 to 85-75932. The revolver is identified as an RCA issue by the star that was stamped on the bottom of the cylinder frame ahead of the trigger guard. 110 produced. Rare. Note that none of the special features of this revolver, besides the basic model, were done by the Ruger factory. The variation is listed here for completeness of the section only. The outer cardboard case is reminiscent of the "white case" packaging used with the Old Model Super Blackhawk in the 1961 to 1962 time period."
Chet15

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
The Blackhawk Kid , Your auction would go good anywhere because of the quality of the guns that you had to sell. Not exactly the same as trying to recoup your investment in a bunch of .30-30`s that have Boy Scouts or state`s names engraved into them.

spanky509

Bearcat
I have one NIB with certificate from RCA . The cert. also states fluted cyl.. Do you think the 650.00 price above is in the park?