BRASS GRIP FRAMES

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wapiti22

Blackhawk
Has anyone used or installed one of the brass grip frames from Gungrip.com? They sell a "BRASS BACKSTRAP WITH BLACK GRIPS" and also a chrome model, for Ruger single action. Pricey at $199 but I like the look.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this frame.

flatgate

Hawkeye
This is all I could find............

BS5W.jpg

flatgate

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
wapiti22 said:
that's the one. Anybody tried on of these?
This thread is 2 pages of modifying and installing a brass gripframe like that on a Blackhawk. Those are styled after the old Colt gripframes.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=201636

wiki> The Colt M1877 was a double action revolver manufactured by Colt's Patent Fire Arms from January 1877 to 1909 for a total of 166,849 revolvers. The Model 1877 was offered in three calibers, which lent them three unofficial names: the "Lightning", the "Thunderer", and the "Rainmaker". The principal difference between the models was the cartridge in which they were chambered: the "Lightning" being chambered in .38 Long Colt; the "Thunderer" in 41 Colt. Both models had a six-round ammunition capacity.[1] An earlier model in .32 Colt known as the "Rainmaker" was offered in 1877.[2]

MacEntyre

Single-Sixer
I just bought one from a member on this forum... I like it a lot on my Single Six 327.

Soon I will compare it to the Ruger factory birdshead grip frame on my other SS 327: