LCR appendix carry?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbarale

Obsolete
I appendix carry a J-frame (I know...) in a cheap Uncle mike's holster whenever I'm not working. It is really surprisingly secure and comfortable. i have yet to find a better replacement.
Be aware though that Uncle Mike has changed its design and the newer holsters are now canted forward, which does NOT work well for appendix carry where you want a straight up/down holster...

Black Dog

Bearcat
Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake. Can be IWB or OWB. See this link: http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Silver-Dollar-Pancake™-.cfm?item_id=152&parent=669
Excellent workmanship, reasonable price, and very fast ship. I have one for my LCR and it is perfect. You will not be disappointed. Black Dog

s4s4u

Hunter
Tommyhof said:
I appendix carry my LCR38 in a Galco, not sure of the number, but's there tan in color and inexpensixe about $25, it's perfect.

Is it this one Tommyhof?

http://www.galcogunleather.com/tuck-n-go-inside-the-pant-holster_8_446_1320.html

308longdistance

Blackhawk
Like Daniel, I appendix carry "crossdraw" an LCR in a cheap canves ELITE survival. Very comfortable. Can strong side IWB, between belt and pants, crossdraw IWB or belt. Easy on and off, don't leave home with out it. :mrgreen:

twobit

Bearcat
Plus 1 on the Simply Rugged holster. He will even make one for ter lasermax equipped guns.

s4s4u

Hunter
Black Dog said:
Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake. Can be IWB or OWB. See this link: http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Silver-Dollar-Pancake™-.cfm?item_id=152&parent=669
Excellent workmanship, reasonable price, and very fast ship. I have one for my LCR and it is perfect. You will not be disappointed. Black Dog

Black Dog, I get "page not found" when I click your link.

Got a pic?

McMar

Bearcat
I got my LCRx as a summertime replacement for my M&P 9C. I do like its light weight and very concealability. I carry it with a Holster Store IWB Shirt Tuck Leather holster. It is very comfortable to wear. My holster is made for my LCRx with a Lasermax Laser I put on. This is just about the only holster on the market right now that is made, specifically, for the LCRx and Lasermax.

Major T

Blackhawk
Get a thin suede inside the pants holster for this purpose. They are thinner and less slick than the bulky nylon models. i think you will like it. I have been using them for years with J-frames, steel and alloy. I have a bit of a middle to old age gut, and they conceal really well at that location and method.

Best wishes, Jack

mike56

Single-Sixer
Just got a kydex model from a place called F3 holsters. Nicely made and cheap.

s4s4u

Hunter
Thanks for all the input folks but after trying a couple of different holsters I have come to the conclusion that the best holster for appendix carry for me and this gun is no holster at all. My belt disects the cylinder and the Hogue rubber grip and it cannot move. Dang near invisible as well. I know it may not be "proper" and all, but even the thinnest holster created a huge bulge and was uncomfortable. I am going to try and modify one to see if I can get it to ride lower but for now, gangsta it is ;-)