RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:31 pm 
Hunter

A .32 automatic pistol and cartridge that performed about like the .32 Mg. in an LCPII. If they started with a rimless version of he .32 Mg, only a little shorter so it would work in the LCP sized frame and loaded it to get about 900 to 1000 fps with a 95 gr Hornady XTP bullet. Obviously it would require a little more pressure than the .32 Mg. has, but I really think it would work.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".....PLATO

Amendment X:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 pm 
Blackhawk

Sounds intriguing.
Might have to duct tape a mouse cannon like that to your hand just to hang on to it though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:09 am 
Single-Sixer

not man enough for a 380.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:33 am 
Hunter

miniman wrote:
not man enough for a 380.

:D I can handle the .380 OK, but many people have trouble with it's recoil, even in a locked breech gun like the LCP. The cartridge I describe would provide higher sectional density than the 115 gr. 9MM bullet, which would make it adequate for self defense while resulting in less recoil than the 9MM, even in a smaller frame gun.

It is just a thought, presented by a guy who is always looking for new ways to spend money on a gun. 8)
PS.....I looked around on the 'net' and found that there is a conversion barrel and spring available. It is not clear whether or not standard LCP magazines will work but I'm gonna buy one and see.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".....PLATO

Amendment X:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:58 pm 
Bearcat

I've heard this before but come on, an LCPs recoil is too heavy to shoot? It hardly constitutes a hard kicking firearm.

Is it a gun I'd shoot 300 rds at a range session? No, I don't go to the range to impress others and I'm sure my hand would be tired long before 300.

I've had two LCPs so I do have experience with them.

If someone finds the LCP to be abusive, either quit carrying CCW or get a small semi auto .22LR. Don

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 am 
Single-Sixer

Buy a Keltec P32 if you want a .32.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:47 pm 
Hunter

mac66 wrote:
Buy a Keltec P32 if you want a .32.

I already have a .32 ACP, a Sig P230. But the .32 ACP doesn't produce the power that the .32 NAA does, hence the desire to convert an LCP to .32 NAA. And if I find it lacking in any way, all I have to do is put the .380 barrel back on along with the recoil spring. 8)

Amendment X:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:42 pm 
Hunter

You do know that a Kel-Tec P32 loaded with Fiocchi or S&B 7.65 Browning is awfully close to what you are describing, right? Those loads clock 870-900 fps out of my pistol and yes I have chronographed them. As I type this I am carrying my P32 stoked with a 78 grain lead flat point over 1.9 grains Hodgdon Titewad (not Titegroup) for an accurate and easy shooting 850 fps.

"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:42 am 
Hawkeye

You must live next to the 32NAA ammo wizard? I've looked for that ammo for years (years) even after my NAA shot itself apart, found exactly three boxes. And I travel nationwide...

An LCP in 22lr is a much more marketable (sellable) pistol. I'd keep a couple of those.

PC = Political Submission