Y'all Can Bash Me Now - Ordered a Taurus

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
kwh would this be a holster for the M&P 9c? Thanks for cluing me in. I want to get a paddle holster first. I may try an IWB later.

kwh

Bearcat
Safariland kydex "duty" S&W M&P belt paddle holster Model #6377 ,6378 (level 1 retention). Also custom made all leather OWB belt holster for 4" S&W M&P fits well. Both are a little long but not by much. IWB N82 holster with "fabric" for my Shield also fits.

No Taurus bashing here...

I gave away a Taurus PT911 9mm. stainless including 6x 15 round magazines and a 500 round case of Remington 115 gr. FMJ, a Raging Bull .454 5 inch 5 shot stainless with 4x 20 round boxes of .454, a 605 stainless .357 mag. 2.5 inch, and a 850 hamerless ultra lite titanium/stainless .38 spl. 2.5 inch. (4 guns)

All 4 guns made great gifts to their respective new owners, but a couple mentioned are discontinued sadly. I feel all were great guns and great gifts (their recipients were VERY happy) but I had no use for them.

Truthfully I don't currently own any Taurus firearms. Taurus does NOT currently make anything I like. My next revolver will probably be a Redhawk .44 mag.

Bull Barrel said:
I have a Galco Kydex holster for the PT145, don't know the model #. It also fits the P89 with a small adjustment.

No interest in the PT100 series (polymer guns)

I really did like the PT900 series (metal guns) but unfortunately, they are not manufactured any more.

You could easily sell that holster to someone owning that model series firearm. Good luck.

Bull Barrel said:
I have a Galco Kydex holster for the PT145, don't know the model #. It also fits the P89 with a small adjustment.

I really did like the PT900 series (metal guns) but unfortunately, they are not manufactured any more.

You could easily sell that holster to someone owning that model series firearm. Good luck.

Bull Barrel said:

Bull Barrel said:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Bull Barrel said:

Hi,

Is that fly walking on the "send" button? ;)

Rick C

Mike J

Hunter
Found a holster. It is a Safariland 578 for sub-compacts. It has what they call the GLS Grip Lock System. There is a little lever on the back of the holster that is depressed when one takes a normal grip on the gun. It felt a little loose at first but after playing with the retention screw a little it feels good. The holster will also work with a Glock 26 or Ruger SR9c or SR40c among others.

I have been messing around with it practicing drawing with an empty gun. It feels pretty good.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I really like my Taurus 82 stainless. Bought it almost new in the box for $260.00 and it shoots just as well as my old S&W 10's and Ruger Service Six. Now, the 82 is a full size .38 Special double action revolver Taurus has been making in one form or another since they opened the doors. The 82 gets alot of use by military and police south of the border and I think Taurus has worked all the bugs out of it.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Years ago I picked up a Millenium Pro in .45 because I was sort of curious about them and they again were not real expensive. It is a 10+1 pistol but I like the grip much better than a Glock. Also it is a true DAO striker fired pistol and has a thumb safety.

Mike J

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I just found one of those millennium pro pistols in my safe. Gave it to a buddy of mine. Danny, these really do make great gifts!

There is a recall out for some of the millenium pro pistols. You may want to check & see if the one you gave away is one of the affected models.