Ruger SR9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
A metal firing pin "tail" makes for a much better trigger pull on this pistol. I got one from TDR Machine for my SR9C. Yeah it is pretty silly and unnecessary to put a hole there.

doberman

Bearcat
PCnotPC said:
Cheesewhiz said:
No mag safety...

Where have you seen it specified that there is no magazine safety? Nothing I have read by Ruger states that. Either that or I am just blind. If they put this gun out without the magazine safety I would buy one in a minute!

It's really easy to take out the magazine disconnect. I now have mine in a small ziplock bag in the pistol case. I think I watched a couple of youtube videos. It's super simple. I have an SR9C with the DLC coating by the way.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
doberman said:
It's really easy to take out the magazine disconnect. I now have mine in a small ziplock bag in the pistol case. I think I watched a couple of youtube videos. It's super simple. I have an SR9C with the DLC coating by the way.

Hopefully without going down the same old back and forth arguments some people won't carry a self-defense gun that's had factory safety features removed. Simple as that.

Why SR9 and other Rugers will no longer need California/lawyer features...
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/robert-farago/breaking-ruger-stop-selling-semis-california/

websterz

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Why SR9 and other Rugers will no longer need California/lawyer features...
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/robert-farago/breaking-ruger-stop-selling-semis-california/

Good for Ruger... Cuck Falifornia!

It appears A LOT of manufacturers are allowing their guns to fall off California's approved list. Not just Ruger and S&W. Maybe the only way to facilitate any change is to make those who want it, demand it. I have friends and family in Cali. This information is not to start anything negative towards them at all. The rest of us need to take heed though... once you lose something its harder to get it back! So fight for it while you have it. I've noticed the same could be said about relationships too! But that's for a different thread.

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
Rei40c said:
Leucoandro said:
96/44,

Thanks for checking that. Can you see any differences in the striker cover. Not sure why they list it as a different part from the other handgun.

Charlie

Is it possible it's because its made out of some type of metal now? I've been asking for that for years. It would be amazing if so.

It would be nice if they plugged the giant hole in the back as this is a real issue for duty carry and dirt entering the striker channel. Just a bit of fine desert or beach sand would lock this thing solid. I always wondered why they and springfield put the hole there. It makes it easy to see if the weapon is cocked or not, but the draw back seems greater.

They changed the number because the little disassembly notch at 5 o'clock has been eliminated. I prefer the striker to come back through the hole in the plate like that. With my thumb over the hole, I can tell if my trigger gets lodged against something, and hopefully prevent a true UD, rather than the typical ND.

modrifle3

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I can't picture what's being described here. Please post a pic. I'm not aware of any giant holes in the back of the SR9 series

It's the hole where the striker position indicator comes through the plate. Glocks don't have it, XDs have a small one and in my opinion Rugers have a very large hole.

Shutterbug

Bearcat
The magazine safety is a non-issue. It takes 5 minutes or less to remove... simple. On Ruger's web site the schematic of the SR9E shows the magazine safety in place just like the SR9. If you remove the striker the magazine safety lifts right out of the slide. I removed them from my SR9 and SR45 the first day.

modrifle3 said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I can't picture what's being described here. Please post a pic. I'm not aware of any giant holes in the back of the SR9 series

It's the hole where the striker position indicator comes through the plate. Glocks don't have it, XDs have a small one and in my opinion Rugers have a very large hole.

DSC02040.jpg

"Hello!" ... ... "Hello!" Holy crap that is a huge hole. I heard an echo!

Lol watched predator and can't stop laughing!

Bluto

Bearcat
I'm late to the party but I bought a 9E yesterday and there's no mag. safety. A hole remains at the 12 oclock position on the barrel rear where the nose of the loaded chamber indicator used to drop into. I suppose you can look down the hole to see the brass, when the chamber is loaded. I like the spaced cocking serrations much better on this model. My thought is Ruger sells 3-4 SR9c's for every SR9 sold. Release of the 9E is a marketing ploy to boost full size sales.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Bluto said:
I'm late to the party but I bought a 9E yesterday and there's no mag. safety. A hole remains at the 12 oclock position on the barrel rear where the nose of the loaded chamber indicator used to drop into. I suppose you can look down the hole to see the brass, when the chamber is loaded. I like the spaced cocking serrations much better on this model. My thought is Ruger sells 3-4 SR9c's for every SR9 sold. Release of the 9E is a marketing ploy to boost full size sales.

I wouldn't say a ploy . . . Ruger is changing its image. The LC and SR series left a bad taste in the mouths of the civilian and professional community. The LC9s and 9e represent a departure from CA compliant thinking and a move to what the people who use firearms want.

Also, this is how Ruger has always released new models.

To note few change overs.

Mini-14 to Ranch Rifle

P89 to P95
P90 to P97
P90 to P345

P345 to SR45

P95 to SR9

At some point in the next 2 years I think we will see the LC9 phased out and the SR series phased out in favor of an expanded "E" series or the E series rebadge and redesigned as the SR series.

The 9e and LC9s are the first models to be released in 30 years that present an image of professional functionality that will take Glock market share.

Ruger only kills a line with out warning if it either has to many design issues, such as the P97 or sales are just not there. Don't jump on me for the P97 comment. I really like mine but poor slide release design is why this gun could not unseat the P90. Then based on the political environment it made sense to redesign it to P345.

canonsix

Bearcat
Just picked up a 9e and there is a magazine safety in the pistol.That is not correct ,I should have said there was a magazine safety in the pistol :roll: . Doug