trigger play / swaps. 89 & 95 (both)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
I had put a 95 trigger in my 89 awhile ago but after reading another P-nut post about his swap I thought I would try to put the 89 trigger in my 95.

Here are several pictures of both.

roylt

Hunter
Here are the triggers.
Stock and then the 89 mod to fit in the 95.

roylt

Hunter
I really like both. What do you guys think?

Any questions just ask.

Unoffical king of the P-nuts!!

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
How does the P89 trigger feel in the P95? It looks just as uncomfortable as it is in the P89.

Have you tried changing the triggers without modifying them? I was unable to find a good reason to modify the P95 trigger before installing it. There didn't appear to be any interference between the trigger and the barrel even without modification.

roylt

Hunter
On my 89 the 95 trigger dropped right in but it has the older swing link on the barrel. With a newer unit it may need minor releif.

To make the 89 trigger fit in the 95, it had to be ground out to let the guide rod seat properly.

The trigger does feel like the 89 trigger did. I like both and shoot both so it doesn't much matter to me. I did it more for fun than function.

I do think the 95 trigger looks better.

I have gone from 89 being my favorite to the 94 now. I have modded the 94s a little more.

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
Interesting. I don't really have a preference as far as the appearance goes, but I find the P95 trigger far more comfortable to use and a much improved design in terms of being able to hold the gun steady during dryfire.

Do you have pics of the two swing-link types on the P89 barrels?

roylt

Hunter
I don't have pictures handy but it is the difference between the nippled guide rod and the flat faced guide rod.

The swing link is probably shown in the manuals too.

Nipple type is sorta round with a bump and the other is more diamond shape. Hard to type what I mean.

I guess I'm geting tired too. HAHA

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
Mine is the style with the nippled guide rod. I'm assuming that's the older style.