RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:23 am 
Buckeye

I used to see them all over Gunbroker, in local pawn shops and gun shops as recently as early last year. Are folks snatching them up lately? Would be nice to have a spare P89DC stainless. If you want a metal frame DA/SA hammer-fired 9mm like many of us grew up with, there aren't a lot of new production offerings out there. I have visions of one or two folks here with thousands of them lovingly stored in an underground vault. Sort of like those of us who want every Old Army we see.... Hmmm. I'll keep looking. Don

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:14 pm 
Hawkeye

I think they are propping doors open. America has a lot of doors.

In spite of them being robust and dependable, their resale values are not particularly high. So instead of offering them up on the used market, some folks see a higher value by keeping them as a nightstand gun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:24 pm 
Buckeye

Door propping (grin). Such an ignoble use of a fine and classic weapon. A weapon for a more civilized time....
I'm a patient man. One will prop up----I mean pop up------ some time in my travels! Don

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:04 pm 
Newly Registered

Ironically, I picked up one about a year ago. Young man had inherited it from his dad. Purchased new and never fired! I put two mags through it and it now resides in my truck. Love it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:25 pm 
Buckeye

Bought one scarcely used in 97(?) from a friend that my 12 year old son quickly earmarked as his "one day". He got it at age 21, and it came home to me on loan maybe 6 years ago. Need (want really) one of my own..... again. I'll keep watching. Don

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:48 pm 
Single-Sixer

Found one at a gun show on a used gun table. Good shape with 2 mags,250 OTD. Bought a P90 also almost new with box and mags for the same price. If you want a slick piece try to find a KP93. I truly believe that people in their 60's and 70's that had the P series Rugers years ago are looking to buy them back after seeing what kind of offerings are on the market today.

SSG Ret
TN & TX ARNG
66-06
SCV

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:29 pm 

Not stainless or a DC gun but ..... summitgunbroker.com has a blued P89 for $245.00.

He SAYS it's a de-cocker but it's not ..... a common mistake from the non-Ruger folks. It clearly says only P89 on the left side of the slide.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:07 pm 
Buckeye

Thank you all. And Hittman for the link. I really prefer stainless because of my hobby. Sweating in our Southern humidity. Not a cure-all, but helpful for me. Don

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:21 am 
Hawkeye

Be patient, one will show up... probably here one day.... I'll keep on the look out too.

CSIA #599 DCS

"Don't ever think the reason I'm peaceful
is because I don't know how to be violent."

"I'd rather Die while I'm Living than live while I'm Dead"... Jimmy Buffet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 am 
Bearcat

I have a P89DC stainless. I bought it from a pawn shop in mint condition about 16 years ago. I swapped out the springs with wolf hammer springs and wolf recoil springs. Hogue wrap around rubber grips. It has always shot flawlessly. Im sure back in the day I have put several thousand rounds down range. I still get it out and take it to the range once in awhile. Once in awhile I still conceal carry it. It was my carry gun for many years. Still my favorite semi auto of all the guns I own or have ever owned. I work for a pawn shop for the past 2 years. I have seen 2 come through. They do seem to have become a little more rare.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:41 pm 
Ruger Guru

Here's a few on gunbroker:
https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms ... 89&Sort=13

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:43 am 
Single-Sixer

I still run into real good buys on the older Ruger guns but I see the pries going up . You are right the gun shops do not want to give any thing for them , but if they get one its gone quickly.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:59 pm 
Single-Sixer

The Ruger P series are really good guns! Compared to current US production of Sig pistols, the Rugers really shine.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:58 am 
Single-Sixer

They keep going up for a clean one . I just saw a stainless P 89 with 4 mags for 369. I almost took it but have two blued ones one mint and a well used that came in old orange card board box .

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:13 pm 
Single-Sixer

triaxle wrote:
They keep going up for a clean one . I just saw a stainless P 89 with 4 mags for 369. I almost took it but have two blued ones one mint and a well used that came in old orange card board box .

I have been fighting with myself for the last week about trying to not buy a mint never shot Stainless P89 new in box made from 2005 . It is $399 . That's a lot of money but DAYUMMMMM it's sweet !