OM SBH conversion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Have an OM SBH, 80-26xxx, that does not get much use anymore. So was thinking of having Hamilton Bowen do his stuff to it, like shorten barrel to 5.5", trigger work and tune, his front and rear sights, his locking base pin, color case harden frame, blue the rest and some nice Cary Chapman grips. I don't think this gun is much of a collector, but what do the experts think? Is there a better way?

That is exactly what I did to my old 44 flat top but I had Jim Stroh do the work since there were a couple of Bowen toys already in the drawer. Barrel to 5 1/2". new sights, deluxe action tune and reblue, fit the brass gripframe and Cary Macassar Ebony panels. Much more enjoyable as "my personal gun" now.
IMG_0003.jpg

Possible alternative . . .

Unless the gun has some particular personal significance to you, you might consider offering it up for sale here to see if someone would like to have a perfectly good Old Model Super Blackhawk as an "accumulation" piece in original condition.

You could then take that money and buy a "beater" to have Mr. Bowen work his wonders upon.

Just a thought. It's your gun and certainly your call.

:) :) :)