Found: Pre-warning GS-84

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
Found a pre-warning GS-84, ser. no. 151-66416, shipped Oct. 1975, as confirmed by the nice lady at Ruger records.

GS-84PREWARNINGB.jpg

GS-84PREWARNINGC.jpg

Chad has listed "GS-84 only known s/n 151-49547" under "high back grip frame and no 'Liberty' or 'Warning' rollmark."
The GS-84 is a non-cataloged model, in that it was never listed on the Dealer Price Sheets nor in any of the annual Ruger brochures.
Terry T

308longdistance

Blackhawk
I'll say one thing Terry T, you are one hound that doesn't quit when it comes to the Ruger Security, Service and Speed six models.

I'm sure California was one of Ruger's bigger markets, but not being able to import those models isn't helping you at all.

You are one tough dog when on the scent. Congratulations.

8)

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
308longdistance,

Your statement of "...but not being able to import those models isn't helping you at all..." is totally accurate. I wish others appreciated what we face here: We can't import handguns, that aren't on our blasted certification list, aren't C & R's, or aren't exempted from the certification requirement. And, the resulting artificially-created shortage has driven prices way up on the ones already in the state. TerryT was lucky.