Some more "Fox: questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

krw

Blackhawk
For yrs I didn't know what that was in RR posting icon. Couple yrs back I learned what it was, and from time to time the Problem Fox has been discussed to a point. I would guess the Problem fox originated from Mr Sturm's book, and I would guess they were made in SR's foundry? Would someone set the record straight on the Problem Fox's. Production #'s, Year made, and is there an idea on how many are floating around today. I know I have never seen one except on the internet and they are kinda unique. (Rod here is ur time to shine!) Thanks krw

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey thanks for believing I have any answers but RICK will be the man for this question....all I know is mine has 1941 cast in the side at the bottom....along with the name Alexander Sturm....so I doubt if SR had a foundry at this time since there wasn't a SR and Co yet :lol: :lol: :lol: get RICK to do his article for the RCA so we can find out the truth.....come on RICK "getter done" 8) 8) 8) see ya RR.

Mike Mulligan

Single-Sixer
I recall reading a copy of the RCA article years ago and there were a lot of unanswered questions regarding the details of the "August" (That's the Problem Fox's name) figurines. I do have to agree that they were not then associated with S&R Firearms. Perhaps there have been some discoveries since then- we can only hope :!: