highest numbered red eagle?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'm far from an expert, however I have books. :D

Encyclopedia of Ruger, p. 69, Type VIII Red Eagle. Several s/n ranges with the highest shown as 35029.

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, as flatgate stated, 35029 is still the highest one. I have had a higher one reported that is way outside the range, but it was shipped in May 1952, so either it was a "parts bin" grip example or somebody did some hand painting at the kitchen sink. Febrary 1952 is pretty much accepted as the cutoff for red eagle grips since the black birds started appearing in that month as well.
I think Contender looked at the highest sn reported for the Type 9 Red Eagle which was produced about midway through Type 8 production.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, I screwed up. I grabbed the RENE and didn't read into it as far as I should have. It was late, and I had just gotten home from SHOT. The airlines lost a bag, (now recovered,) and I didn't do a more careful search. My memory DEFINATELY wasn't working good last night.
(As contender stands with his head down, getting the proper dressing down from everyone.)
I stand properly corrected.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, Sam & I screwed up in our reservations. We missed the entire first day of SHOT, so I was run RAGGED all 3 days I was there. Then, we didn't fly out until 11:00 pm friday night, (hard to sleep on a plane, in the middle seat, with a big boy on one side.) Arrived in Charlotte NC 6 am local, sat in the airport until 8:30 am, flew into asheville, only to find my check bag missing. I was tired when I was looking at things.
But, SHOT was good, and I did get several things done. It was just very busy for me. Look at a few of my other posts!
So, I looked in the RENE to get a number, and help ya, as no one else had posted the info. Best way to get a good reply; Screw up one! :D :D
My fault!