Update on Ruger Display Show Boise, Idaho....Pictures added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

circlergrugers said:
All the Displays are down, and on the safe trip home. I'll give an Award report and more pictures in a day or so after I'm settled. It was a very good show and thanks to all the displayers. Hank
I can almost put names to all the displays but a few. Would be nice to see a write up here with winners, names, descriptions... Thanks - Awesome Displays by the way. Look forward to being there next year. GW

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Coming soon, awards, display names etc. Just got back from the shot show and need to unpack some. It is coming !!!! Hank,

Gary we missed you and hope you can make it next year.

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Copied from the Lounge:

eagleeye43
Bearcat

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:25 pm Post subject: Boise Show
Kudos to Hank and Susie for putting together a great Ruger show and to all those who took the time to come and display.
Much nicer show than Tulsa last fall

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Update and results:
Show table:
DSC00075.jpg

Featuring Rene:
DSC00186.jpg

Kelly Display, by Susan
DSC00136.jpg

Ruger 22's by Dennis AKA lovemydals
DSC00140.jpg

Sparkle and Shine by Steve AKA Steve Ruger
DSC00155.jpg

Special Vaquero's by Hank AKA Circlergrugers
DSC00188.jpg

Ruger M-77's by Matt AKA 208packinheat
DSC00128.jpg

Double Action Rugers by Terry AKA Terry T
DSC00148.jpg

Center Fire Pistols by Matt AKA 208packinheat
DSC00115.jpg

Firsts Rugers by Greg AKA Rugerboi
DSC00145.jpg

Ruger's other Single Shot by Greg AKA Rugerboi
DSC00146.jpg

Old Army's by Dennis AKA lovemydals
DSC00142.jpg

James M. Triggs by Randy AKA oldrugerman
DSC00138.jpg

Old Army Black Powder Revolvers by Shawn AKA ubme
DSC00165.jpg

Show Awards were as follows:
First place Advanced, Shawn's Old Army's Display
First Place Intermediate Susan's Kelly Display
First Place Novice Dennis's Old Army Display

Most Educational Award went to Terry T. second year in a row, this was voted on by all the displayers.

RENE BROS Award went to Randy for his Ray Morgan/James M. Triggs gun
DSC00261.jpg

Promoter Awards were as Follows:
Best of Show, Sparkle and Shine, by Steve
1st Place, Model 77's by Matt
2nd Place, Ruger 22's by Dennis
3rd Place, Old Army's by Shawn

DSC00236.jpg

All the Displayers:
DSC00274.jpg

Award Dinner Display gun drawing, A SR1911 went to:
Shawnlee.jpg

the Raffle gun a SR22 went to:
DSC00205.jpg

And again Greg AKA Rugerboi donated a gun, an LCP, with ammo and a holster went on raffle and the winner:

Randy AKA oldrugerman, he's holding his LCP in the group picture above.

Also some fine old Rugers in the boxes for sale:
DSC00177.jpg

And again a special thanks to all the displayers and helpers to make this show a success.

Watch for a complete show article in the RENE. Coming Soon! Hank

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Great work with the camera and cudos again Hank...except for that cainsawed face in the Stetson near the end a real nice looking lot...A fun and worthwhile show...some nice things followed me home and sometime this year I might show them to She Who Will Be Obeyed....G

d findley

Single-Sixer
Great displays. Sorry I missed it. I especially like the "not so ordinarily seen" displays like the Triggs, center-fire pistols, Kelly, ect. I could be mistaken but I think this is either the 24th or 25th year for Kelly to represent SR& Co. She was hired by Tom Ruger. Congratulations to Steveruger for putting all those engraved guns out. I didn't see a 2nd class showing in the group. Good job, Hank.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
d findley said:
Great displays. Sorry I missed it. I especially like the "not so ordinarily seen" displays like the Triggs, center-fire pistols, Kelly, ect. I could be mistaken but I think this is either the 24th or 25th year for Kelly to represent SR& Co. She was hired by Tom Ruger. Congratulations to Steveruger for putting all those engraved guns out. I didn't see a 2nd class showing in the group. Good job, Hank.

Can't say it any better than that! Excellent pics and congrats to everyone who displayed.
+1
Terry

I agree, those are some fine looking displays, and LOTS of time and work went into them......thanks for sharing with us out here in the midwest and back east...one of the reasons they ( the RCA) tried to have the sanctioned shows spread out, so MORE folks can get a chance to "partake" get involved and share, in various locations,,,tough to travel across the country with all that hardware!! :wink:

Terry T

Buckeye
'rugerguy',
Don't know what you're talk'n about - travel clear across the whole U.S. of A. just to set up at a Ruger show? :shock:
Why, I know of at least one road weary Ruger 'nut' who's been known to drive from Ca. clear across the whole U.S. of A. to set up a display at a show in Pa.! :D
Terry T

Chief 101

Hunter
I showed up for both Saturday and Sunday and can honestly say there was no way you select one display over another for awards...they were all spectaclar as were the displayers...thank you very much...Chief aka Maxx Load